What should I pay for this ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

harishio

“In great condition classic bike Surly karate monkey 29" in size small,gray frame color. 10speed shimano, Magura hydraulic brakes. KMC titanium gold chain & 11-42 cassette. 175 crankset with FSA ceramic bottom bracket with 32T chain ring. Niner carbon fork rigged, with fizik stem and fizik curve saddle. FSA slk zero seatpost carbon. Specialized roval wheelset with rocket run tires, Shimano spd pedal. Specialized handlebar with white grips....it can be used as single speed....asking $1000. “

I want to make this a bikepacking rig.

Cash?
Offer 900 and see if they bite
Unless you want it bad enough to go full
I haven't looked at the new monkeys but what is the weight?

Last edited:
This one is a 2017 model. Steel frame. Think all surly’s are steel.
Loaded the bike will be over 45 pounds. Surlys tend to be overbuilt, which isn't a bad thing. But be aware pushing or carrying a 45 lbs bike can be tiring

How long has he been trying to sell?
Is he local, can you go look at bike.
If you plan on bike packing, steel is a good frame option, but you need to be sure you are comfortable on bike.
Are those wheels carbon, if so you may want to sell them to get something more durable for bike packing.
If you really like and it fits, offer $800 and negotiate from there.

02D3E166-1BC3-4C0D-BD36-C36EA437488F.jpeg

Took the monkey off his back for $950. He’s taken great care of it now it’s my turn :). Need to get some decent touring handlebars etc. th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom