What should a “tune up” entail?

Yup...the ridiculousness of anti-trust/collusion laws have gotten people in trouble before by posting on open boards like this. There is a difference, in the eyes of some who enforce the laws, about putting it up on ones website and having ongoing discussions on boards like this.

But glad you visited our site...Thanks!

As an attorney who has practiced anti trust/competition law, I can say there is no problem with an individual who is employed by a company posting on a message board that company's regular and publicly available price for a certain service. This is no more "price signalling" than putting an ad online with the service and price. The problems begin when there is coordination by competitors of prices upward through the price signalling. However, since there is a strong tendency for competitors to lower prices and under cut the competition, price signalling is rarely successful in actually raising prices (and is really hard to prove absent an actual agreement).

A bit off topic but figured I'd weigh in as I actually have some knowledge on this topic.

Back
Top Bottom