what roadie tires for these wheels?

walter

Fourth Party
My Cannondale CaadX has Maddux CX 2.0 disc wheels, currently with 35c Sammy Slicks on it. I'm looking to move to a more efficient road tire but cant find any info online about rim width, size, etc. Looking to maybe go down to a 28 or 25, is this possible? If not does anyone have a suggestion for a non wire bead more road/less dirt tire?

hotsauce

It depends on what you want to use it for, road and super light gravel, go Continental GP4000 sII, Michelin Power Comp, Schwalbe Pro 1, etc. More moderate gravel you can do Continental four season, Michelin Power Endurance, or the like. All in 28c.

I converted my cross bike to gravel duty for Hell of Hunterdon and a few other rides last year. I found 28c Michelin Pro4 endurance tires for $30/ea and it was great.

If you look at some of the European export sites, you can get anything for 1/2 price.

RobW

Stay with the 35’s through the fall and winter and come ride some gravel and light trails..

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
https://www.schwalbetires.com/bike_tires/racing_tires/G-ONE_Speed

I run these on my evo in the 700 x 30. I really doubt I'll ever go any smaller. These are tubeless and roll really well.

J- How are these on the towpath and more importantly the mine field that is the top of Dutchtown-Zion and Montgomery? What I'm looking for is something for the Road ride to the gravel.... gravel and more gravel.... then road rides home. Looking to not totally hate the road part but really don't want to hit the deck on any gravel downs... cuz I'm ....

3F985B53-B6CB-44B6-A39A-4BBAFADFBA12-5362-00000652B307017A.jpeg

Oh, It's for the cross bike so a true 40c is the very largest that'll fit in back... but it's pushing it a bit.

rick81721

Lothar
J- How are these on the towpath and more importantly the mine field that is the top of Dutchtown-Zion and Montgomery? What I'm looking for is something for the Road ride to the gravel.... gravel and more gravel.... then road rides home. Looking to not totally hate the road part but really don't want to hit the deck on any gravel downs... cuz I'm ....

View attachment 58450

Oh, It's for the cross bike so a true 40c is the very largest that'll fit in back... but it's pushing it a bit.

I just rode top of montgomery (which right now is about as bad as it gets) on 23s. A little hairy but not that bad

hotsauce

If you want to shred some gnar, what about something with a flat patch in the middle then knobs on the sides, like a Clement X'Plor or Strada? You definitely don't need knobs for gravel though.

RobW

View attachment 58450

Lets ride gravel yo!

choop

Schwalbe S-Ones. Roll pretty fast on the road and plenty of grip on the gravel like Montgomery Road or Aunt Molly. If you can fit 32's, the Terravail Galena's roll well, have some side knob and are pretty light. Both these tires set up easy tubeless.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep

View attachment 58450

i'd do this in a 38c:
https://www.schwalbetires.com/node/2366

szymon

I'm using panaracer gravel king 28mm smooth version and they roll really well and have been pretty durable, so far they have been pretty nice tires.

Top Bottom