What new rear hub should I get

BPaze

My current rear hub on my 2017 Kona Big Honzo is a Shimano Deore and I think it is done and if it isn't I am done with it. What is the best rear hub to get to replace it, was hoping to stay with a center lock hub but options don't seem as extensive what are some of the better hubs for around $250. 32h 148x12

BPaze

I am waiting to hear if it is boost compatible if it is I will get it def, those are really good hubs and a good deal

qclabrat

Think you are limiting yourself if centerlock is that important. In that price range I'd consider Hopes. I'm not sure the crest wheels will be wide enough for bigger tires

BPaze

Think you are limiting yourself if centerlock is that important. In that price range I'd consider Hopes. I'm not sure the crest wheels will be wide enough for bigger tires

The Hope Pro 4's are one of the reasons I am open to 6 bolt, and I wouldn't actually use the rims with those DT's, I would rebuild them with my rims or Possibly Scrapers or well I am getting ahead of myself. Right now just need a new rear hub

qclabrat

The Hope Pro 4's are one of the reasons I am open to 6 bolt, and I wouldn't actually use the rims with those DT's, I would rebuild them with my rims or Possibly Scrapers or well I am getting ahead of myself. Right now just need a new rear hub
What are the rims? Unless you lace them yourself and spokes are interchangeable, it could be alot more than your budget. May want to just get a new built wheel.

qclabrat

Industry Nine and DT both do boost centerlock hubs in your price range.
Is there a budget i9 rear hub now if under $250? The DT 350 should be considered.

@BPaze maybe just consider to replace with another Shimano hub if the spokes are the same. XTs aren't my favorites but if you want the wheels relaced with a new hub for under $250, that maybe a solution. Another is to get a Saint hub, though I don't think they come in 148, though the 150 should fit, but check with your tech.

BPaze

Is there a budget i9 rear hub now if under $250? The DT 350 should be considered.

@BPaze maybe just consider to replace with another Shimano hub if the spokes are the same. XTs aren't my favorites but if you want the wheels relaced with a new hub for under $250, that maybe a solution. Another is to get a Saint hub, though I don't think they come in 148, though the 150 should fit, but check with your tech.

$250 is the max I wanted to spend on the hub I would pay more to relace the rim. I just want something reliable and that will last so I don't have to deal with this.

Only reason I want centerlock is because that is currently what I have so I can just swap them over not too big a deal for 6 bolt not like I am doing speed changes on brakes

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
I9 are worth the extra money, but with a 250 limit I’d also suggest the dt350. I didn’t realize hope upgraded their ratchet design, they are probably on par with the dt350 now, but no centerlock. I don’t understand Shimano’s insistence on the loose bearing hub. Those deore hubs make novatech look top shelf.

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I9 are worth the extra money, but with a 250 limit I’d also suggest the dt350. I didn’t realize hope upgraded their ratchet design, they are probably on par with the dt350 now, but no centerlock. I don’t understand Shimano’s insistence on the loose bearing hub. Those deore hubs make novatech look top shelf.
I think I read somewhere that they claim they are faster.

BPaze

I read bad things about the Deore but figured how bad could they really be didn't take long to find out. I would love to get the I9 but probably wait until I swap my fork this winter for a boost fork

BPaze

http://www.mtbnj.com/forum/threads/dt-swiss-m1700-i35-boost-27-5-wheelset.43979/#post-794911

Make an offer for these, sell off what you don't need and your old front wheel. You might be ahead of the game rather than rebuilding. Not sure if this is the 350 hub but I think you can upgrade this hub up to the 36T or 54T ratchet.

I was actually planning on buying those this weekend as my 2nd set of wheels so I could have 27.5 and 29 but had to scrap that plan to worry about the rear hub.

Top Bottom