What movie do you never change the channel for?

roc

As stupid as it is, I can't turn off Cliffhanger.
Agree on Shawshank, Goodfellows, Star Wars, Indiana jones.
Did somebody really put Roadhouse on this list?

MikeyBikey2000

As stupid as it is, I can't turn off Cliffhanger.
Agree on Shawshank, Goodfellows, Star Wars, Indiana jones.
Did somebody really put Roadhouse on this list?

Roadhouse.. sigh.. yes I can't turn away from that either.. Wesley!!!... plus any movie that has Kevin Tighe is a winner.. he needs to reunite with Randy Mantooth and do an Emergency remake.. like Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy

Reggie

Formerly ReggieHammond
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Life of Brian. More than Holy Grail for me, actually.

I can see this for those that sometimes prefer a more intellectual comedic element. I'm so not that deep and tend to gravitate towards the juvenile antics of farts and such. Trying to remember what the peasant was painting on the wall where the Roman guard had to correct his grammar.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
What have the Romans ever done for us?
He won't haggle!
Crucifixion? Nope, freedom for me.
I want you all to call me Loretta. I want to have babies.
Cast off the shoes, follow the gourd!

People usually disagree when I say this, but Life of Brian is waaay better than The Holy Grail.

Romans go home.

Such a good scene.

The Kalmyk

Spaceballs
Blazing Saddles
Beetlejuice
Johnny Dangerously
The original 3 Star Wars
First 3 Indiana Jones
Lebowski
Fargo
Raising Arizona
Time Bandits
Oh Brother Where Art Thou
Princess Bride
Fletch

Great thread idea!

Why you miserable cork sucker!! My mother stole my post once. Once!

I wouldnt change the channel on that movie. Love it

MikeyBikey2000

Carlitos Way is another

I don't know no Benny Blanco from the Bronx.. maybe I don't remember the last time I blew my nose either.. you think you me? who you been with..I been with made guys, connected guys.. go snatch yourself a purse...steffy is with dave now, she belongs to the club..

Bad Move man.. benny's gotta go down.. the street she is watchin, she is always watchin.. they gonna say "Carlito man, he's flaky"

rottin'

Staff member
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Another series of movies that I can not seem to turn the channel for are any of the Riddick movies with Vin Diesel. "Pitch Black" "Chronicles of Riddick" "Riddick"

Kill the Riddick, kill the Furyan.

How can you not get into Necromongers?

Oh, these also happen to be movies that my wife goes to the other room to watch something else...

qclabrat

I am a martial arts freak. Love them all. To me a day of reading subtitles or watching cheesy over dubs is a perfect day. hahaha. The Chinese Connection was thrown in there to rep all Bruce Lee movies. Fist of Legend because Jet Li is amazing. Ip Man (eep-mon) was Bruce Lees Master. He was a Wing Chun Master(Bruce Lees original MA that he later modified and built on himself to create Jeet Kun Do) The first two Ip Man movies(played by the awesome Danny Yen) were awesomes stories about his life and his highly respected MA life. The others were OK. I recommend to any MA fanatic. And yes Blackhawk Down and Behind Enemy Lines.
Band of Brothers is not a movie but too bad!!!!!
Bruce is the best, but my favorite ma movie is the 36 chambers

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Since @rottin' mentioned riddick, i have a hard time turning off

I am Ledgend/Omega Man

Blade I, II, Trinity - this is where my wife goes and reads.

my list is getting long, maybe this is a fat factor?

qclabrat

I don't watch much television nowadays
Though I used to I like old movies:
12 angry men (Lee J. Cobb!!!)
seven samurai (Like Kubrick I don't get all Kurosawa movies, but this one is great)
pre-70s westerns (good, bad, ugly)
pre-70s war (dirty dozen)
any movie where Brando is on scene (though I often flip afterwards)

most Miyazaki (if you have daughters you've seen more than your share)
superhero movies (X-men, Avengers, Fantastic Four)
but can't watch Shawshank in the middle, gotta watch from beginning to end

movies I flip immediately are musicals... (oddly I don't mind Bollywood versions as much)

ChrisRU

Many of mine have already been posted. Crazy how nearly universal the effect is with Shawshank and Goodfellas. I'm a sucker for the Arnold and Sly classics, most of which were mentioned. Didn't see these posted:

True Lies
The Running Man

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Batman Begins - is that the one with christian bale? i have no idea but i watch that one. a lot of my others have been mentioned too (bourne, star wars, shawshank). friday nights fear fest on AMC in october is probably my highest volume of TV watching of the year.

Top Bottom