What movie do you never change the channel for?

rottin'

Staff member
Team MTBNJ Halter's
So it's Friday night, wife just fell asleep and Im surfing on Showtime. Fast Times at Ridgmont High is on, as a matter of fact it just started. I will watch to the end. What are the movies that you will never turn off or surf past no matter how far into movie it is? I think I remember seeing this type of thread a while back but don't feel like searching. Some others that I will never change the channel on:

Caddyshack
Shawshank Redemption
Road House
Crocodile Dundee. and the sequel
Men in Black original
Cool Hand Luke (although not on that often)
Taking Chance
13 Hours
American Sniper

I know I am missing a bunch...what you got? Which movies will you never turn off?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Spaceballs
Blazing Saddles
Beetlejuice
Johnny Dangerously
The original 3 Star Wars
First 3 Indiana Jones
Lebowski
Fargo
Raising Arizona
Time Bandits
Oh Brother Where Art Thou
Princess Bride
Fletch

Great thread idea!

Roadie

Ronin
Any of the first 3 Die Hard movies
Willy Wonka (the original)
Breaking Away
The Matrix

I don't understand why it happens with The Matrix. I find myself wondering why I am watching it but I can't turn it off

gtluke

The Moped
So it's Friday night, wife just fell asleep and Im surfing on Showtime. Fast Times at Ridgmont High is on, as a matter of fact it just started. I will watch to the end. What are the movies that you will never turn off or surf past no matter how far into movie it is? I think I remember seeing this type of thread a while back but don't feel like searching. Some others that I will never change the channel on:

Caddyshack
Shawshank Redemption
Road House
Crocodile Dundee. and the sequel
Men in Black original
Cool Hand Luke (although not on that often)
Taking Chance
13 Hours
American Sniper

I know I am missing a bunch...what you got? Which movies will you n
ever turn off?

Thankfully you listed American sniper last so I stopped reading at the appropriate time.
Seriously?
FAKE BABY

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'll add Animal House, Jaws and Goodfellas. These movies are on a lot but they always suck me in. Plus Goodfellas was so well made.
Brian as Luke pointed out your list is suspect. Roadhouse???? Is this the movie with Patrick Swayze as the tough guy hero. If Clint Eastwood or Charles Bronson played that role it might have been watchable.

Mitch

Team MTBNJ Halter's
12 replies and no mention of Pulp Fiction? Come on guys do I need to join another fourm?
Pulp Fiction
Groundhog Day
Caddyshack
Big Leboski
Goodfellas
Debbie Does Dallas

For the record or a new thread, I have never seen Gone with the Wind, Titanic or any of the Star Wars movies. Not one!

rottin'

Staff member
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Ronin
Any of the first 3 Die Hard movies
Willy Wonka (the original)
Breaking Away
The Matrix

I don't understand why it happens with The Matrix. I find myself wondering why I am watching it but I can't turn it off
I get stuck on the Matrix as well...any one of them. And I've seen them all like 5 times

I'll add Animal House, Jaws and Goodfellas. These movies are on a lot but they always suck me in. Plus Goodfellas was so well made.
Brian as Luke pointed out your list is suspect. Roadhouse???? Is this the movie with Patrick Swayze as the tough guy hero. If Clint Eastwood or Charles Bronson played that role it might have been watchable.
First of all, I can't believe I forgot Animal House....definitely one that does not get changed. Second, that is exactly the Patrick Swayze (RIP) movie. Maybe it's all the '80s cheese dripping off it, but so be it. I'll have a cheese sandwich:)

Spaceballs
Blazing Saddles
Beetlejuice
Johnny Dangerously
The original 3 Star Wars
First 3 Indiana Jones
Lebowski
Fargo
Raising Arizona
Time Bandits
Oh Brother Where Art Thou
Princess Bride
Fletch

Great thread idea!

Most of those I'm with you on, but the Indy movies stop at 1& 2 for me. I totally forgot about Time Bandits, growing up that was on like all the time on The Movie Channel and I watched it all the time.

Top Bottom