what is up with all the trees?

jpn

was in KVSP at lunchtime. it looks like the new campsites by the twin lakes are gone and they are planting tons of trees.

WHAT IS UP WITH THAT?

the State is going broke, but has money to install/uninstall campsites and then plant hundreds of trees in a state park that is filled with trees?

more trees to hug?

RiderX help me out here, what's the story?

trails in great shape today.

jpn

apparently this thread is worthless without pictures

I am thinking this must seem like room service to the deer

Attachments

• 0515141215a.jpg
    0515141215a.jpg
    275.6 KB · Views: 429

Blair

NJ is finally spending some money wisely, glad to see my exorbitant property tax dollars at work even though its probably .2% of the total state budget.

Rode KVSP on Thursday and was really surprised by how many trees they are putting in that spot .... not that I'm against trees but this seemed pretty excessive. Had the road bike out today going up through High Point park on Sawmill road and came across an almost identical situation. So here's my theory ... both of these plantings are not far from major power line work in both parks that seems to be wrapping up ... so maybe there was funding built into that project for the work and this is how it's being done?

pedals

Saw that too... Great to see but it IS weird..There's a ton of places that could use some trees..Go figure

jpn

Rode KVSP on Thursday and was really surprised by how many trees they are putting in that spot .... not that I'm against trees but this seemed pretty excessive. Had the road bike out today going up through High Point park on Sawmill road and came across an almost identical situation. So here's my theory ... both of these plantings are not far from major power line work in both parks that seems to be wrapping up ... so maybe there was funding built into that project for the work and this is how it's being done?

I was in KVSP today, and I was thinking the same thing. obviously great minds think alike:)

I am still trying to figure out if the campsites are still there - the signs for campsites are there.

Deeptrax

The trees are part of the mitigation for the gas line project. Paid for by the gas company was told. Lots of money there.

Top Bottom