What is the next "big" race you are looking forward to?

Bizarro

I saw that 24 hour race on bikereg last night... nice man!

I'm prob doing the Rocky Point 50 coming up. It's for a good cause. I had fun at Stewart 45. Also might do a one in NH next week.

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Whoa, is 24 hour racing coming back? Funny as this is something I have been mulling over the last day or so...
Me and tall guy were discussing doing the 6 Mile group ride in the 24h format.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Whoa, is 24 hour racing coming back? Funny as this is something I have been mulling over the last day or so...

I don't know if I'd call it "coming back" there's like 20 people registered. It is nice to see some events fairly close to home though.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I don't know if I'd call it "coming back" there's like 20 people registered. It is nice to see some events fairly close to home though.

I feel like a few years ago there was like 2 24 hour events left. Now I see there are a few more popping up. Ok, maybe not "coming back".

So really when you think about it, what did the volunteers do at the 24 hour race? As far as I remember, the race was self-running. You even scored yourself. I imagine there were EMTs and some course sweepers. But mostly it pretty much ran itself once it started.

I would be interested in a 12 hour on the cranks weekend. Ride like 10am to 10pm, then camp. I think 24 hours is a bit much.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I hope so
It's only time I got off my bike and started walking because i had an out of body experience at 2 30 am.
Do miss that race

Top Bottom