mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
@Fire Marshal Max
Found your selfie ?
Fred_Flintstone.png

rick81721

Lothar
I just saw a Fred while driving in Hillsboro - 6:40 pm some rube on a road bike, sleeveless shirt, mtb helmet and no blinky light heading north on willow.

Rocksrgood4u

That almost describes me(except I have a blinkey light)!
I’ve seen a number of references to Freds having perfect lycra, maximum carbon— the Rapha set. I think the original Fred was some kind of post-bellum pre-hipster named Fred Birchmore. Flouting proper roadie conformity was his game. I concur with the OP. Ha

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Freds are usually better than Pro-ginners. Which is the visual opposite with the same skill set. I commend a person that looks like they have no idea what they're doing and then don't versus someone who looks like they're ready to do a Rampage run and then walk their bike over a log. Generally a Pro-ginner will have at least 3 pieces of POC gear on per ride. Swap this with Rapha for the roadie equivalent. There are a few exceptions where Pro-ginners are actually real Pros, but most of us won't come across them.

GreenMachine

I played golf for many years and it’s loaded with Ted Knight douchebags - Biking gives it a run for its money - especially your traffic causing roadies and even more - your bike shop bike snobs ...
Huge turnoff ...

roc

I played golf for many years and it’s loaded with Ted Knight douchebags - Biking gives it a run for its money - especially your traffic causing roadies and even more - your bike shop bike snobs ...
Huge turnoff ...
I ride on the road sometimes, and don’t always obey every rule, but I always try to stay to the side. On 202 in Morris plains today, there were 4 guys riding next to each other, across the road. Almost made me want to hit them.

Top Bottom