What have you done to your bike today?

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Do I dare mention that it has carbon wheels ?
7B30EF58-C4C8-482D-A71D-1651437E0D34.jpeg

Ian F

Dusted off the big bike . Fork and shock fresh rebuilds and all back together again smashing rocks and berms with ease View attachment 92439
Were you riding at Nox yesterday? Or I just happened to see someone else with a neon-yellow Evil.

I actually did something to my bikes yesterday: Gave the M16C and the Primer long-overdue baths. The Primer because it needs it and the DH bike because I'm getting ready to tear it down to be sold.

Attachments

• IMG_20190407_185753_01.jpg
    IMG_20190407_185753_01.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 126

qclabrat

Were you riding at Nox yesterday? Or I just happened to see someone else with a neon-yellow Evil.

I actually did something to my bikes yesterday: Gave the M16C and the Primer long-overdue baths. The Primer because it needs it and the DH bike because I'm getting ready to tear it down to be sold.
what you planning to replace the M16 with? that's one great looking bike

RSAmerica

Were you surprised bu the results or was your original setup close? I am very curious to try a shockwiz myself.

I was very close, I have been riding the bike for 2 years so I have it already pretty dialed in. Only had to add 2 clicks of rebound, which made a difference. Got if for my new bike which will be here today. Just wanted to get use to using it on a bike I know well first.

Reactions: Tim

Ian F

what you planning to replace the M16 with? that's one great looking bike

Yeah, it's a sexy beast, but other than my 20" and 26" jumping bikes, I'm now in the wagon-wheel camp. Plus, I don't see me ever racing DH again and therefore it's hard to justify keeping a DH bike around. I think I rode it... twice last year?

It is getting replaced by a new Santa Cruz Megatower. I came this >< close to ordering a new V10, but backed out a month or so ago. Then literally less than a month afterwards the Megatower was announced - which from what I've read/scene so far is pretty much exactly the kind of bike I want.

qclabrat

Yeah, it's a sexy beast, but other than my 20" and 26" jumping bikes, I'm now in the wagon-wheel camp. Plus, I don't see me ever racing DH again and therefore it's hard to justify keeping a DH bike around. I think I rode it... twice last year?

It is getting replaced by a new Santa Cruz Megatower. I came this >< close to ordering a new V10, but backed out a month or so ago. Then literally less than a month afterwards the Megatower was announced - which from what I've read/scene so far is pretty much exactly the kind of bike I want.
Looking forward to demoing the MT some time this year. When you didn't think they would go slacker...

Ian F

From what I've read & heard, the MT is more or less in the middle of the "how long and slack can we go?" craze. Plus, I'm planning to run a 160mm travel Helm fork on it, so along with running it in the shorter chainstay setting, should keep the length reasonably in check for East Coast riding. The funny thing is the Large MT actually has a longer wheelbase than the Med M16C it is replacing.

Top Bottom