What have you done to your bike today?

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
I miss pictures on this thread...

To be clear, he means of BIKES! .....cuz with you guys...........:rolleyes::eek:o_O
6D98F5DA-9B93-4BFA-BAC3-E7E14D1916E6.gif

well, let’s just say keep it to bikes. MmmmmKaaaay?

tonyride

Don't piss off the red guy
for which bike?, I miss pictures on this thread...
I rode for close to 10 miles yesterday and it feels no different which is good. You don't even notice the foam ring in there. Of course the true test is when I do get a flat but I hope that never happens. It's like an insurance policy that you hope you never have to use.

qclabrat

I rode for close to 10 miles yesterday and it feels no different which is good. You don't even notice the foam ring in there. Of course the true test is when I do get a flat but I hope that never happens. It's like an insurance policy that you hope you never have to use.
I was looking at the Kenda system and it's seems like a bear to install. Please update us when you get more mileage and varied terrain. Also you need to post pictures of that handsome bike, you should treat it as if you were dating a super model. Selfies all day long....

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Rear brake lever on the FS felt a little soft at JORBAJAMFEST, so I was ready to do a partial bleed on the XTs.
Decided to check the pads first for giggles. Yup, about 1mm left...
IMG_3155.JPG

Fortunately I have multiple sets of pads Shimano sent as a warranty apology when a pair blew up on me midride. (CR MTBNJ group ride ironically enough)
Swapped out the pads and we golden.

(It's hanging on the wall now, so this is what you get for pics)
IMG_3146.JPG

They finned for my pleasure
IMG_3154.JPG

Last edited:

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Rear brake lever on the FS felt a little soft at JORBAJAMFEST, so I was ready to do a partial bleed on the XTs.
Decided to check the pads first for giggles. Yup, about 1mm left...
View attachment 78635

Fortunately I have multiple sets of pads Shimano sent as a warranty apology when a pair blew up on me midride.
Swapped out the pads and we golden.

(It's hanging on the wall now, so this is what you get for pics)
View attachment 78633
They finned for my pleasure
View attachment 78634
Sweet beer cap mosaic!

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Santa Cruz Solo (5010). I have photos on my phone, but will take technical gymnastics for a non-millennial to get phone photos to here. Sorry.

if you don't have one, create a google account
add the google drive and google photos app to your phone. turn on auto picture back-up.
then add google drive to computer.

this will back-up your pictures to keep them safe in case phone falls in river in canada.
and will provide access to the pics from anywhere. Which is handy.
small amount of storage is free, they will provide more if you buy a chromebook (inexpensive, and useful for travel)
and even more if you throw them some $$ each year.
---
or post from your phone (let me know which phone, and i can provide some tips)

Wolfjon

Last night we took off the rear shock on the focus and took it and the pivot points apart.. cleaned them up looked everything over and reinstalled.. My son was bottoming out too easy the other night at the tourne.. once we cleaned up every and readjusted the pressure to a 20%sag it seems much better now.. I do think the shock will need a factory rebuild or just replacement over the winter though.. it does function as it should however I am hearing what sounds like air bubbles in the nitrogen side while cycling it.
B29F418F-38D0-455B-A3DD-F458C6804C65.jpeg
B68D4724-0835-4BB6-A0CB-53D852D22FB2.jpeg

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Morning washout got me thinking about the SS again. Pop’d into Halter’s and picked up some new meats for the Domahidy.
09975B72-2360-452A-9A89-2AD9CBA13777.jpeg

Racing Ray up front and the new pattern Racing Ralph out back.
68CE0A36-66E8-473C-B82A-F087BCBE0699.jpeg

New Ralph ^

2.25’s are tiny next to what I’m used to. I’ll measure ‘em after they get a chance to “plump up” a bit.
49EAED35-C4D0-48E3-88F2-4EE65976FF4F.jpeg

Ray ^

Ryan.P

Team MTBNJ Halter's
20181021_220920.jpg

Purple evil stickers because purple . @Juggernaut just spent the day smashing rocks at creek and really impressed with the push coil kit for the fork . I was initially concerned with noise and bottoming out but happy to report no issues with either. Being in between spring weights I went with the stiffer spring and couldn't be happier , supple , supportive and smooth and you can definitely feel the bump stop thingy on hard compressions .

Top Bottom