What have you done to your bike today?

ilnadi

for most having an aluminum SS seems counterintuitive. Though anyone who has ridden a Klein knows otherwise. I have a Rascal with the funny dropouts which makes a great singlespeed, unfortunately I have way too many 26rs and that one will be gone soon.
what size is the Rascal? I need to build another SS for my son.

gtluke

The Moped
procore
i-jRxKdBm-X4.jpg

Been concidering going procore @gtluke. My weekend project was reviving an old trick circa 2001 for trials proofing rear tires. Albeit I also ran DH tubes at the time, I had one session on super low psi that stress fractured and nearly taco'd a Mavic 321 (their DH rim of the era) without flatting. Not sure why I abondoned the practice. I haven't weighed before n after yet but the weight penalty seems minimal. The plastidip adds a little bit of coushin but primarily increases the surface area of rim contact. Two 1/2" wide coats o' dip per bead. Clean with alchohol, apply with spoon, shred.

Attachments

• 20170320_085742.jpg
    20170320_085742.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 98

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Swapped out the rubber on the cross bike. Really liked the oem Rocket Rons for the trail, but they are a tad too knobby for the road which always seems to play a part in a ride.

Went with the new Schwalbe Allaround G-One, new for this year's line. They are tubeless, but set up with tubes for now.

I was worried about losing the cool factor of the whitewalls, but the stealth black looks pretty tight too.

Before:
IMG_5881.JPG

After:
IMG_5870.JPG

IMG_5876.JPG

They should roll pretty sweet on most of the mixed surface rides.
And considering how tight a fit it was, I expect no problems once I convert to tubelessness.
(Read: they were a motherbitch to get on).

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Swapped out the rubber on the cross bike. Really liked the oem Rocket Rons for the trail, but they are a tad too knobby for the road which always seems to play a part in a ride.

Went with the new Schwalbe Allaround G-One, new for this year's line. They are tubeless, but set up with tubes for now.

I was worried about losing the cool factor of the whitewalls, but the stealth black looks pretty tight too.

Before:
View attachment 49668

After:
View attachment 49669

View attachment 49670

They should roll pretty sweet on most of the mixed surface rides.
And considering how tight a fit it was, I expect no problems once I convert to tubelessness.
(Read: they were a motherbitch to get on).
Those white walls though...
giphy.gif

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
IMG_4363.JPG

White wall fix coming, kids.

Swapped all kinds of things, cleaned and lubed many other things, adjusted other different things. Front tire is tubed for now and I miiiight consider a longer stem.

Bonus, dug out a newish chain that had been too short to fit ANY OTHER PROJECT EVER and viola, it works. Winning!

I wouldn't mind if it had a little less front weight bias (my old Paradox was the wheelie king) but it's fun and fast and rides pretty ok. Happy so far!

Last edited:
Top Bottom