What have you done to your bike today?

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
I petted the seat on mary last night did do a chain clean after Sundays adventures.

Deeptrax

I got a new deraileur hanger in the mail yesterday for my new bike. Old one lasted 5 miles before snapping on a rail trail last week. Thanks for the 29er and the one side clipless pedal info. Tasting the kool aid now.

MMuller

Changed chain. Skipping around a bit. Noticed pulleys were a bit worn. New pulleys (XTR $60!) Still off, new XTR middle chainring, getting there. Went ahead and replaced cassette and now finally all's well. Looking like I should change granny and big ring soon though. Must make a point to change chain once a year to avoid wearing everything else out too soon.

TimWarchol

Scum Sucker
dropping in my new king headset today. calling trek about the warranty situation. going for a ride in some private trails by my hometown.

RNG1

I tried adjusting my rear derailer on my road bike cause the chain kept jumping off a gear and screwed the whole thing up royally even after I put it back to exactly where it was before I started. I will never be able to do this properly.:cry:

Mildly Wild

Installed new K&S remote adjustable seat post, 125mm travel, handle remote control. Tried it out recently on a ride - absolutley love it. Also swapped out Nevegal rear tire for Bontrager XR2, keeping a Nevegal up front.

ItsWin

Paradox:
Pulled a staple (the kind you tack through wood) out of the rear tire. Must have picked it up 2 weeks ago while riding on the road. Spun the wheel around to let the Stan's do its thing. Problem fixed. I think I could get used to this tubeless concept. Also switched to ODI Troy Lee lock-on grips (I'm always looking for the perfect saddle, pedals, and grips).

SS roadie:
Switched the brake levers. Before I was running Cane Creek levers, which work great, but I finally realized the hoods are too thick for my hands, so I switched to Shimano R400's. This was an opportunity to put new bar tape on also, which worked out OK. I'm still not the best at taping drop bars. :hmmm:

Other stuff:
I'm also building a beater hardtail for a friend of mine that I'm trying to get into the sport. He's a heavy dude, so the frame I'm using ('06 Brodie Big Shot purchased on closeout) should do the trick.

Can't wait 'til I'm finally done with the half marathon. Then it's all bike all the time from spring through fall. :D

herbn

today

finnishedtaking off my studded nokians after this long tough winter.They did nothing for me,really didn't need to buy them. Yesterday i adjusted my roadbikes' deraileur hanger,the door must have tapped it the other day when i was bringing it in.Yesterday on the rollers it was a bit f'd up on downshifts. Also slid back my seat(on the roadbike) i think that may fix a bit of tendon pain behind my knee,nothing to bad , but i heard that's the fix.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
I lubed my chain, pumped up my tires, and cleaned my brakepads. It's dirty from riding in the thundersleet yesterday, but I'm not gonna clean it yet:D

-Jim.

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
XC bike - new rubbers (tires and grips)
DJ bike - Did nothing to it all winter besides pump up the tires, worked perfectly at Alexandria last weekend so i'm gonna stick with the do nothing plan
DH bike - Still sitting with a flat rear tire from closing day at Vertical Earth in the fall. I dont wanna chage the tire, it's such a pain in the ass with DH tires, waaaaaa

Cha1985

I just got my new rockymountain slayer frame today and im awaiting the new 2011 fox float forks and mavic st front rim from beachwood bikes....

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
A little late, but I had a productive off-season in terms of tune ups:

FS- bled brakes, new tires, grips, computer, rear derailleur, pedals, cleaned drive train

HT- new shifters, rear derailleur, cables/housings, chain

Road- tightened front hub cones

Hybrid- mounted it on trainer, used it as a clothes hanger

Top Bottom