What have you done to your bike today?

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Wait, no one said there was a "lake jump" at the Short Track event!

ride through the middle.....

SpectacularCavernousAmazontreeboa-size_restricted.gif

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Kinda looks like singlespeed-a-palooza that one year......2014 maybe?

passed on those - too close to water?
look how young @Pearl was

so after finishing hoh, i ask one my mates what she has on her list for the summer.
She blurts out Tour of the Battenkill.....hmm. Same person won her division in the mt washington climb last year...
i feel so small.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
I am around 30% but I think your throwing some shade there.
Need to play with it though. I am not using all the travel i should be when i am at 30%
:)

I just eye ball my rear at 25-30%
Any more sag... pedal strikes galore!
Front... I like it a bit on the soft side and I do this based on feel. Set it at 20% and let out air as I ride.

rick81721

Lothar
:)

I just eye ball my rear at 25-30%
Any more sag... pedal strikes galore!
Front... I like it a bit on the soft side and I do this based on feel. Set it at 20% and let out air as I ride.

Seriously how often do you guys fiddle with these settings? I check the sag on the rear shock and psi in the fork maybe once every 6 months

pkovo

Finished the build on the new (to me) frame I snagged off pinkbike. My quick and easy parts swap was derailed when I realized all cables and hoses were about 6” too short. Just finished bleeding new hoses and now just need to tie up some odds and ends.

FEE44B1D-E88A-4498-8EBA-CCC28413D499.jpeg

Tim

aka sptimmy43
Seriously how often do you guys fiddle with these settings? I check the sag on the rear shock and psi in the fork maybe once every 6 months
I don't check sag very often, per se, but I do check shock/fork pressure before every ride. Air pressure changes with temperature (remember high school chemistry?). A few degrees can have a pretty big effect on the pressure in your fork or shock and thus can have a really big effect on the ride characteristics of your bike. Adds 2 or 3 minutes to my pre-ride routine.

rick81721

Lothar
I don't check sag very often, per se, but I do check shock/fork pressure before every ride. Air pressure changes with temperature (remember high school chemistry?). A few degrees can have a pretty big effect on the pressure in your fork or shock and thus can have a really big effect on the ride characteristics of your bike. Adds 2 or 3 minutes to my pre-ride routine.

So when you go out on a ride and it starts out 40F and 2 hrs later it's 65F, then what? ?

Top Bottom