What have you done to your bike today?

Ryan.P

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Set my evil insurgent back to rowdy AF mode
20180815_183550.jpg

rick81721

Lothar
Had to abort project "Cannonfire". Quickly realized I need a special tool to remove the cranks from this bike - willing to cut some corners but not going to destroy the cranks right off the bat. Park tool CCP-22 crank puller to arrive by saturday. Stay tuned

Today's update - evo drivetrain disassembled, turns out the bottom bracket cup is threaded. BBT-9 arrived today but too small. The amount of tools purchased/$ being spent on this project is comical - Rick's bike repair shop will open shortly... :rolleyes:

qclabrat

Today's update - evo drivetrain disassembled, turns out the bottom bracket cup is threaded. BBT-9 arrived today but too small. The amount of tools purchased/$ being spent on this project is comical - Rick's bike repair shop will open shortly... :rolleyes:
I may borrow for new bike day, when you going back to FL?

one piece crank

I’ve been working on a new, used MTB for my son, to replace his 24” MTB. It is a fun project and so far has only cost me time and a new SRAM hydro bleed kit. I’m just happy WE got it as it would be a death trap to anyone with less than shop level mechanical skills. Although a decent bike overall, EVERYTHING was scary wrong - complete lack of spoke tension, hub bearing adjustment, missing lock nut on rear axle, wacked maxle-lite adjustment, disc brake caliper bolts loose (‘cause they only catch 1-2 threads on fork!), defective hydro levers, etc. Surprisingly the Headset and BB are way smooth, and the pads/discs show hardly any wear(?).

Once he puts a few break-in miles on it we’ll see about building new wheels, or hopefully scooping up a decent set of used 26’s. I’ll need to figure out how wide a tire will fit…

rick81721

Lothar

Final update (hopefully). Believe it or not, got the new BB pressed in, reassembled the crank and went out for a ride. The BB didn't burst into flames and the cranks didn't fall off. Bike seems faster, but stilll some creaking tho..

Only took all these tools :rolleyes:

20180823_115447.jpg

Top Bottom