What have you done to your bike today?

rick81721

Lothar
Its when? not if?

Relax people, I've got this

851124d1385844181-tools-expensive-whats-your-work-around-20131130_113951.jpg

02camaro

anyone ever had this happen, on my dads bike, the one i did new cables on the other day (2011 specialized roubaix) the rear derailleur shifter no longer shifts up or down, it does not click at all. this happened the second ride out since i did the new cables. i did take it apart slighty, but didnt open it up. it looks like the shifter pawls are not grabbing on the gears and are floating, seems the shifter gears got out of sync with the pawls and arent catching. shifter is dura-ace 7900. new bike? fire? drink beer?

qclabrat

anyone ever had this happen, on my dads bike, the one i did new cables on the other day (2011 specialized roubaix) the rear derailleur shifter no longer shifts up or down, it does not click at all. this happened the second ride out since i did the new cables. i did take it apart slighty, but didnt open it up. it looks like the shifter pawls are not grabbing on the gears and are floating, seems the shifter gears got out of sync with the pawls and arent catching. shifter is dura-ace 7900. new bike? fire? drink beer?
like Mike said, most likely did not thread properly and went though an opening. Shine a flashlight through it and you'll see a few places where the cable may have strayed

02camaro

like Mike said, most likely did not thread properly and went though an opening. Shine a flashlight through it and you'll see a few places where the cable may have strayed
it shifted fine until it didnt, i dont know exactly what happened before it started not shifting at all, but dad said bike randomly shifted into the lowest gear and i couldnt shift at all, so i tried shifting a bunch of times up and down and nothing happened but it was clicking. then it stopped clicking all together.

i guess i have to spend some time with it tomorrow. only had a few mins before work today to peek at it

Monkey Soup

Angry Wanker
Had to abort project "Cannonfire". Quickly realized I need a special tool to remove the cranks from this bike - willing to cut some corners but not going to destroy the cranks right off the bat. Park tool CCP-22 crank puller to arrive by saturday. Stay tuned

You guys is cray-cray. The LBS does this shit for me either while I wait, or within the hour, for cheaper than the cost of tools. That hour for me is better spent having a beer.

rick81721

Lothar
You guys is cray-cray. The LBS does this shit for me either while I wait, or within the hour, for cheaper than the cost of tools. That hour for me is better spent having a beer.

Yeah I usually let the lbs do everything but want to learn some of this. Plus in FL the bike is likely to sit in the shop for awhile.

02camaro

Make sure the cable head is in the shifter properly. I had a similar issue when I put new cables on my d/a 7900. Every time I do cables on that bike I need to remind myself how they feed into the shifter.
If that’s not it, fire, always fire...
Throwing in the towel. Spent 3hrs on it today and zero progress. Either needs lbs help or bust out the parts cannon and buy a new one.

Top Bottom