What have you done to your bike today?

Ride faster!
fly.jpg

well, not today, but yesterday, still not sure how this happened (no contact with anything noticed at the point of failure)
8267115272528831953.jpg
3097324453600723479.jpg

It was time for new grips on the Juliana. I reached out to Chloe Woodruff who also has the same injury to the thumb. The joint hits the grip and bothers me. She suggested ESI grips. Got them. What a PITA to get on. Heading out now to try them.

IMG_20180731_064523.jpg
IMG_20180731_070938.jpg

Wow @Robin! That’s one hell of a resource you’ve got.

Is it just pain or do you still have residual weakness? Do you wear any support for the thumb? Brace, KT tape... other?

Wow @Robin! That’s one hell of a resource you’ve got.

Is it just pain or do you still have residual weakness? Do you wear any support for the thumb? Brace, KT tape... other?

Yeah. I met her at Nationals last year as she was recovering. I tore my UCL the week after. I needed surgery and 3 months of rehab. I reached out to her for advice and moral support. She checks in on me now and then.

It's about 90% now. I'm not in any pain or discomfort. I have some scar tissue and it's stiff some times. But mostly I'm just aware that it's "different". The vibration on the joint itself is why I needed a softer grip.

Just spent 2 hours riding and the grips are GREAT!

Last edited:
Yeah. I met her at Nationals last year as she was recovering. I tore my UCL the week after. I needed surgery and 3 months of rehab. I reached out to her for advice and moral support. She checks in on me now and then.

It's about 90% now. I'm not in any pain or discomfort. I have some scar tissue and it's stiff some times. But mostly I'm just aware that it's "different". The vibration on the joint itself is why I needed a softer grip.

Just spent 2 hours riding and the grips are GREAT!

Kinda renews your faith in people when ya come across people like that.

Ha, I patched a tube after my 2nd ride! It didn’t go flat til it was parked at home, and since I was playing with pressures I figured one of those rocks was a pinch flat. Turned out to be a huge thorn.

bought another road bike, was at the shop picking up my mtn bike and they were prepping this VERY lightly used bike for sale, got a killer deal on it so cant complain, and its a nice upgrade from what im riding now.

Attachments

• 20180804_140910.jpg
    20180804_140910.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 246
Back
Top Bottom