What have you done to your bike today?

@pooriggy
20180617_171731.jpg

Converted the Les to SS,
Refresh Stan's in the trail bike rear tire.
Raised the stem up on the XC bike.
Added a 10mm spacer.
After yesterday's race my hands and arms felt fatigued.

My Rallon has a chip to change the front angle one degree. The manual doesn't say, but can I assume the back position will slacken the frame. It's currently in the front position, setting it up for creek.
IMG_20180619_201013.jpg

My Rallon has a chip to change the front angle one degree. The manual doesn't say, but can I assume the back position will slacken the frame. It's currently in the front position, setting it up for creek.View attachment 70778
That looks like it's in slack position , if you moved center bolt back it would raise the back end so to me it looks to be in the slack setting

Well, actually it was Sunday but finally got around/finished rebuild on my KS Lev DropZone (detailed my issues in this post: http://www.mtbnj.com/forum/threads/ks-lev-dropper-wont-stay-up.42358/). Surprisingly, all seems to have worked out and got it back on my Heckler and tested with a rip around the neighborhood. Real test will be on trails but feeling cautiously optimistic. This is the model that doesn't have a schrader for adding pressure so was anticipating problems but seems to have worked.

I snapped a pivot bolt.

80 in/lbs torque on my Santa Cruz Tallboy did the trick. it seemed like that's what i had been setting the last few times i did the old re-grease and re-fit of the pivot axles, but i probably didn't account for any residual loctite i couldn't remove... speaking of which, anyone have a good way of removing old loctite? acetone?

Attachments

• IMG_1210.JPG
    IMG_1210.JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_1211.JPG
    IMG_1211.JPG
    85 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_1212.JPG
    IMG_1212.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 167
I snapped a pivot bolt.

80 in/lbs torque on my Santa Cruz Tallboy did the trick. it seemed like that's what i had been setting the last few times i did the old re-grease and re-fit of the pivot axles, but i probably didn't account for any residual loctite i couldn't remove... speaking of which, anyone have a good way of removing old loctite? acetone?

Brass wire brush, preferably on a bench grinder. It'll just flake off.

Back
Top Bottom