What have you done to your bike today?

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
Two things I never thought I’d do: put on riser bars (yuck) and drop down to a 28t chainring. I was tired of 3-4” saddle to bar drop on anything but climbing. Even with the post dropped I felt like I was getting bucked on fast tech descents. And gaining 15lbs over the winter and losing a lot of fitness meant I was struggling to stay on top of the 32t on big climbs. Oh well.
8298A567-31D2-4349-A1FD-AB8103333438.jpeg

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Two things I never thought I’d do: put on riser bars (yuck) and drop down to a 28t chainring. I was tired of 3-4” saddle to bar drop on anything but climbing. Even with the post dropped I felt like I was getting bucked on fast tech descents. And gaining 15lbs over the winter and losing a lot of fitness meant I was struggling to stay on top of the 32t on big climbs. Oh well.
View attachment 70455
Nice bike!
I thought the same with the SRAM Eagle. Never thought I would use the big ole' 50 but I am on it all the time lol

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
Nice bike!
I thought the same with the SRAM Eagle. Never thought I would use the big ole' 50 but I am on it all the time lol
A month after I bought it eagle was released and all models at the same price as mine came specd with it. I’m sure I would have used that 50.

02camaro

Installed a avalanche damper in my friends rochshox.. For some reason it is missing 3/4 inch of its travel now even at full air pressure. Gotta take it appart again.

Snapchat-1731678319.jpg

Took apart the rear end of my yeti greased and torqued all the pivot bolts. Found the the main bearing in the switch infinity is on its way out which sucks.
20180614_025101.jpg

qclabrat

Installed a avalanche damper in my friends rochshox.. For some reason it is missing 3/4 inch of its travel now even at full air pressure. Gotta take it appart again.

View attachment 70523
Took apart the rear end of my yeti greased and torqued all the pivot bolts. Found the the main bearing in the switch infinity is on its way out which sucks.
View attachment 70525

Do you need a new friend? I could use a friend like you....

Last edited:

Ryan.P

Team MTBNJ Halter's

View attachment 70523
View attachment 70525
Try the ziptie in the fork seal trick might have just trapped some air somewhere it's not supposed to be

02camaro

Do you need a new friend? I could use a friend like you....
garage is always open
Try the ziptie in the fork seal trick might have just trapped some air somewhere it's not supposed to be
care to elaborate? havent seen mention of that in my research
Cuarenta y tres - muy bueno. I prefer mine over ice though.
friend wanted be to buy a whole bottle but i wasnt thrilled with that idea, that god for airplane bottles. a little too sweet for me but its pretty tastey.

Ryan.P

Team MTBNJ Halter's
@02camaro take small ziptie push it past dust seal into oil seal with fork aired up to regular pressure if you hear any air escape this will most likely solve the forks extended length issue . Do both sides

Monkey Soup

Angry Wanker
If it's that easy and fixs the issue, I owe you a beer. I'll give it a try

Another issue could be that you didn’t tighten the foot bolts while the fork was at full extension, creating a vacuum in the lowers. Loosen the foot bolts, pull the fork out to full extension, then tighten them up.

02camaro

Another issue could be that you didn’t tighten the foot bolts while the fork was at full extension, creating a vacuum in the lowers. Loosen the foot bolts, pull the fork out to full extension, then tighten them up.
i know i didnt do this. when i dig into it again that was what i was going to do. ill update tomorrow.

Fatduke

Finished the new ghettospeed with just hours to spare before the maiden voyage - 20 mile brewery tour. We'll see if she holds together.

Attachments

• 20180616_073442.jpg
    20180616_073442.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 103
  • 20180616_073507.jpg
    20180616_073507.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 102
Top Bottom