What have you done to your bike today?

I did a service on my PNW external dropper post. There is a "Nylon cable " that runs inside from the cable pull down in between the two halves to move the piston. Who thinks a piece of sting is a good design?

Went to swap my stem for Track Bike Tuesday and caught some real bullshit…Thankfully.

Cracked bars.
IMG_4274.jpeg

And more importantly, split steerer tube.
IMG_4273.jpeg

Can’t tell you how bad it would’ve hurt to smash my face on the track at 30MPH 😳

Calibrate your torque wrench?

I use a few so I don't think they could all be off. The bars have a warning not to use a Zipp or Bontrager stem but I guess the Specialized Alpinist is a no fly also.

Steerer split from the inside on the seam so I'm guessing the fork was just bad. I use the warranty Tarmac plugs with the reinforced lower on all my forks.

Full roadie mode:

PXL_20240424_215359274.jpg

Including my favorite downtube shifter-boss accessory. Required a little fiddling on this bike, but it got on there eventually.

The tires are expensive, but 100% worth it, imo. I definitely avail myself of the generous clearance on this bike, before Ben decided to get super fashionable.

Full roadie mode:

View attachment 236924

Including my favorite downtube shifter-boss accessory. Required a little fiddling on this bike, but it got on there eventually.

The tires are expensive, but 100% worth it, imo. I definitely avail myself of the generous clearance on this bike, before Ben decided to get super fashionable.
Serotta classic bike.. Top tube pump and leather saddle brooks.

Full roadie mode:

View attachment 236924

How wide are those tires? Also which brakes are those?

Back
Top Bottom