What Bird Did You See Today?

Scarlett tanager, at high mountain. No pics, but it's a more vibrant orange than I've ever seen. Like an orange volvick golf ball. Radiant? Luminous? Just really cool.

Several hummingbirds at the house today. No pic cause those suckers are fast but so psyched they are in abundance this year.
Saw or first of the year yesterday b
Also the first lightning bugs of the year tonight

Just saw a Canadian goose fight driving up 206. One goose chased another out into the street, where the chasee lost traction on the macadam and did a cartoon-like maneuver where his feet were moving furiously, but he was going nowhere, then fell on his ass. Pretty comical

while approaching home I had a cardinal flying next to the car for a few seconds (it's a 25MPH street), unfortunately I could not snap a picture but it was really cool!

while approaching home I had a cardinal flying next to the car for a few seconds (it's a 25MPH street), unfortunately I could not snap a picture but it was really cool!
probably saw its own reflection in your windows and wanted to drive off the "intruder." They get territorial this time of the year

Back
Top Bottom