What Bird Did You See Today?

ekuhn

Rode by a bunch of new geese babys on the towpath. Parents hissed as I was 8 ft away. With no picture its prolly worthless, but I wasnt fast enough with the phone.

Rode by a bunch of new geese babys on the towpath. Parents hissed as I was 8 ft away. With no picture its prolly worthless, but I wasnt fast enough with the phone.
Saw them yesterday too and got the same response. Saw them a week ago and they were tiny (and more numerous). I wonder what gets them - turtles or foxes?

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yeah, I consider them rodents, rats with wings. If they weren't so over populated and they didn't shit all over, then they would be kinda cool to see. Union Co. Hired a contractor to thin the heard some years back, they rounded them up and gassed them, which went over like a fart in church. Now there back to addling, which works as well as just say no.

ekuhn

Yeah, I consider them rodents, rats with wings. If they weren't so over populated and they didn't shit all over, then they would be kinda cool to see. Union Co. Hired a contractor to thin the heard some years back, they rounded them up and gassed them, which went over like a fart in church. Now there back to addling, which works as well as just say no.
Agreed especially about the shitting. If they come at me in a defense mode, they might get the salt, pepper, and some heat treatment.

qclabrat

I've had my GF pond for two years and I spotted a heron for the first time this morning.
Think it was a great blue, even though I have a heron net it will try to get my fish and be back soon.
Going to put a motion sensor cam to alert me when it returns so that I can audibly try to scare it away.
Anyone know if they are active at night?
1557235481071.png