jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
So we see this guy regularly.
I guess the fishing is good here.
9C90A1EF-0BFB-4895-A687-3FC333AC2D83.jpeg
I send this to the neighbor, and he tells me he’s been seeing an osprey.
Never seen one that I know of.

Today I’m out there and see this hawk like thing fly by, white underbelly-
Huh, what’s that?
It’s kinda eagle-ish....

2 seconds later an eagle flies by in pursuit... uh, nope- that’s an eagle.
Lol.

Looked it up, and yeah bird 1 was an osprey.
B6501279-0A53-418F-B977-27C1595384C2.jpeg
(Not a selfie)

serviceguy

I stopped to take a picture of two owls this morning, as I reddied my camera this guy dive bombed the owls, chasing them off.
View attachment 94180

There's a big bird that occasionally dwells on one of the top branches of one of our oaks, it sits motionless while being harassed by the blue jays. I thought it was an owl, after seeing your picture though it looks very similar to whatever you captured there. What is it?

Kaleidopete

There's a big bird that occasionally dwells on one of the top branches of one of our oaks, it sits motionless while being harassed by the blue jays. I thought it was an owl, after seeing your picture though it looks very similar to whatever you captured there. What is it?
I'm sure it was a hawk that chased the owlsDsc02388.jpg

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I have stated this before
NO sunflower seeds period. Dont buy bulk its 80% filler. If you have a livestock feed store it's your best bet to get the freshest seed.

Saflower
Thistle
Whole shell peanuts in peanut cage. This is one thing that a squirrel will try at first but after a long failure it gives up for good.

That's it, other then hummer feeder and half sliced orange on a screw.

You can also put out a meal worm feeder if you see blue bird or have blue bird house, be warned though if you do not monitor that blue bird house your going to not have success. European sparrow will destroy eggs and kill bluebirds. Blue birds have it pretty difficult to survive because of these shit birds. We have several house and 2 are setup with traps to catch and kill the invasive sparrows. This is legal and fully encouraged by all bird groups.

come help me put up some houses

serviceguy

I have stated this before
NO sunflower seeds period. Dont buy bulk its 80% filler. If you have a livestock feed store it's your best bet to get the freshest seed.

Saflower
Thistle
Whole shell peanuts in peanut cage. This is one thing that a squirrel will try at first but after a long failure it gives up for good.

That's it, other then hummer feeder and half sliced orange on a screw.

You can also put out a meal worm feeder if you see blue bird or have blue bird house, be warned though if you do not monitor that blue bird house your going to not have success. European sparrow will destroy eggs and kill bluebirds. Blue birds have it pretty difficult to survive because of these shit birds. We have several house and 2 are setup with traps to catch and kill the invasive sparrows. This is legal and fully encouraged by all bird groups.
The squirrels just decided that safflower May not be that bad, not their favorite But food nevertheless.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
The squirrels just decided that safflower May not be that bad, not their favorite But food nevertheless.
It will stop they have been trained that feeder has food. What they are doing is probably emptying it trying to find what they used to eat. Patience grasshopper.

serviceguy

It will stop they have been trained that feeder has food. What they are doing is probably emptying it trying to find what they used to eat. Patience grasshopper.

Meh...it's one of those spring loaded caged feeder, if a squirrel climbs on it, its weight lowers the cage and closes the feeding doors.

They learned to climb on it and push their own weight up with their legs, once the doors are open they grab the seeds with their hands and dump them on the ground. Then they climb down the tree and help themselves to whatever they spilled on the round...

teabagger11

20190501_095930.jpg
Hard to see but there's a ruffled grouse in there he was hanging out as I was doing TM I'm assuming he was a Male cause he wasn't doing the broken wing dance didn't see any chicks anyway, also played tag with a small hawk had black and white bands on his tail feathers

Top Bottom