What Bird Did You See Today?

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Anyone ever see the green parrots in Edgewater? I wonder if they escaped a Petco years ago and multiplied.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Anyone ever see the green parrots in Edgewater? I wonder if they escaped a Petco years ago and multiplied.
They are up in Connecticut also. Some rumors of a ship wreck years ago just off the coast and they inhabited there. They build these huge nest like 4' x 4' it's crazy. And they all hang out and make a huge racket.

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
Today i saw a nice red cardinal. Commonplace, i know, except this one was in my living room...after i opened my chimney flue to free it. It took a minute or so of crashing into my walls and ceiling, but it flew out the front door unscathed. Now i have soot marks on my walls and ceiling to clean. Serves me right for putting off installing that chimney cap.

MMuller

MMuller's looks like a Turkey Vulture (bald, reddish head). While your previous post Patrick, looks like a true Black (not juvenile Turkey) Vulture. We've got both in numbers out here...
Low flying, as if anticipating me doing another bike ride, and def bald eagles, as they live just across the river from us. Lots of turkey hawks daily. Always nice to see the osprey and eagles (or f'ing eagles as Lebowski says) in our neighborhood.

seanrunnette

Brain Damaged Ray Romano
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Cook's Pond/Rock Ridge Lake:
Goldfinch
House sparrow
Tree sparrow
Purple finch
Red bellied WP
Opsrey
Grackle
Bufflehead
Wigeon
Swan

rick81721

Lothar
No pic but I saw the first gaggle of goslings on the towpath going to 6mr yesterday. Tiny - they must've just hatched.

Top Bottom