What Bird Did You See Today?

Took these shots a while ago, but see these guys all the time. The pair must have a nest around the neighborhood, but I haven't been able to find it in the three years I've lived here.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180729-215143~2.png
    Screenshot_20180729-215143~2.png
    757.1 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot_20180729-215057~2.png
    Screenshot_20180729-215057~2.png
    585.8 KB · Views: 17
Humming bird rescue. Little guy was stuck in the garage. Opened all the doors and windows, but it kept trying to fly through the ceiling like a bug. Finally caught it in my fishing net after 20min and got him out. Hope the little guy didn’t die of heatstroke later.

Attachments

• 96441215-98F2-4F30-A3C3-7BB33F122A46.jpeg
    96441215-98F2-4F30-A3C3-7BB33F122A46.jpeg
    45.1 KB · Views: 16
Humming bird rescue. Little guy was stuck in the garage. Opened all the doors and windows, but it kept trying to fly through the ceiling like a bug. Finally caught it in my fishing net after 20min and got him out. Hope the little guy didn’t die of heatstroke later.
This happens often at my garage also. Come to find out the release pull on the door opener was the culprit as it's that bright red color they desire. Taped it up and haven't had an incident in a while. Look for those bright colors that might be attracting them.

A turkey vulture going at it on a fox. No idea how the fox died (perhaps hit by a car). There are actually two vultures; one of the vultures is lording over the carcass while trying to ward the other away

Also saw a new nest in the holly tree. I can swear that it wasn't there last week, but so far hasn't seen any inhabitants. I originally thought it may be an occupied cardinal nest, but I'm not so sure any more (re: the occupancy and the occupant)

I saw 3 heron (2 blue, 1 white) on my ride yesterday.
Spooked the first blue as he was wading in a river, the second one must have been hawking his fishing spot because he immediately flew down to take over. As soon as he saw me though, he aborted the landing, looped and took off.

White heron just flew off as I came upon it.
They're too shy shy.

Saw one of these Stellers jays in Bryce Canyon on Saturday - stunning bird

stellers-jay.jpg

Back
Top Bottom