What beer are you drinking RIGHT NOW?

cuda

Scotland is beautiful. Its beer, however, is as bad as its whisky is great. Pervasive, overwhelming malt in every style with a slight, sloppy hop bitterness in their ipas. Maybe I missed the good stuff, but I stopped trying after a half dozen attempts.

A stop to Twin Elephant filled the void. Not their best, but a happy welcome back to NJ/reality.

IMG_20180715_185724.jpg

But Scotland rules whisky, among other things. I'll be back.

IMG_20180709_150428.jpg

Last edited:

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's

jackx

View attachment 72551

I've got better stuff in the fridge, but not a bad wegmans pickup.

Glad to hear Wrench was in local distribution this week, so I picked up the last 2 4-packs. Weirdly, they are dated 05/09/18. Wondering if they could have possibly misdated them from being canned last week on 07/09/18, since stores around here only get 1-2 cases and sell out in 2 days or less it seems.

I got these at Bottle King and their Wrench allocations seem to sell briskly.

AF3251E3-2AE4-49EC-BF3F-3D9E43ED961B.jpeg5C7B651A-422B-4CA4-B6BC-80E54F3DB8CB.jpeg

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Glad to hear Wrench was in local distribution this week, so I picked up the last 2 4-packs. Weirdly, they are dated 05/09/18. Wondering if they could have possibly misdated them from being canned last week on 07/09/18, since stores around here only get 1-2 cases and sell out in 2 days or less it seems.

The ones I picked up at Wegmans are dated 7/3. It does seem weird that they would have cans that old.

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's

I got these at Bottle King and their Wrench allocations seem to sell briskly.

View attachment 72762View attachment 72763
Yeah, that seems like a glitch in the matrix. That stuff doesn't sit on shelves long, and they really have distro dialed in (my local place now has cans of wrench, Torque and WRENCH for growler fills).

If it tastes okay, id just drink it, if not bring it back and ask what's up.
Maybe your particular wegmans doesn't move too much beer?

Top Bottom