What beer are you drinking RIGHT NOW?

@fidodie how was the Troon?

interesting ! a little hop note on a wheat base. nice sweetness and tang from the raspberry and cherry. funky mouth feel from the
lactose (or whatever milk thing they had going on) and small bubble carbonation.
not at all like a lambic - cool color too.

Pat,

How does Crusher compare with the latest OH?

Crusher is most excellent - if "chewy" beer is ok. lots of unfiltered goodness.
I'll see if i can raid the neighbor's fridge.....:D

Mr Crowler, what went on in your head?
IMG_8291.JPG

District 96 Hoppyng Fences-
The 6.5% version.
(Leapyng Fences is the 8% version)

Not bad, but I may have sat on this a tad long.
If you check them out, try their Political Juice. That's the hazy one.

Break the Bank collaboration of Magnify and Barrier.
This should hopefully go a long way towards recovery of my 108 mile Gran Fondo ride on Sunday. This is definitely one of the better Magnify beers IIRC,, or maybe in my depleted state, any beer will do.

IMG_5223.JPG

Depleted state is biased!!!!!

Anyway.....while in Chicago....Chicago brews .... dang. I found a list of 20!!!

All I could muster today was 3......sucks pipeworks only opens Thu-Sun

So without further adou (which I don't know how to spell...)

HALF ACRE: decent set up. Shop plus pub / restaurant with BURRITO options and a very good TEXMEX quesadilla with CUCUMBERS with chili powder as a MEXICAN side ....they know how to get to me ;-)

Of course I had to buy a 4 pack of special release so now imma gotta check me bag!!!

IMG_1725.JPG

A 10 min walk brought me to Begyle....linky said check out CRASH LANDED....which I did and enjoyed...turns out it is a WHEAT PALE ALE....but I didn't taste the wheat...tasted like regular APA or Session IPA
There was an EMPANADA bike at entrance. Otherwise no food. But they had a SKEEBALL MACHINE!!! And a SKEEBALL LEAGUE!!!

IMG_1727.JPG

Ubered my way back close to hotel to BADERBRÄU....
IMG_1728.JPG

Mostly LAGERS and WHEATS that are flavorful and affordable...I stole that from the menu ;-)

They have a full restaurant with art gallery. Also very neat set up

Depleted state is biased!!!!!

Strict interpretation of the rules. I will try to comply.

But its not like I am assigning a Soundz rating in a weakened state, and I'm not posting Coors Light.

Anyway.....while in Chicago....Chicago brews .... dang. I found a list of 20!!!

All I could muster today was 3......sucks pipeworks only opens Thu-Sun

HALF ACRE: decent set up. Shop plus pub / restaurant with BURRITO options and a very good TEXMEX quesadilla with CUCUMBERS with chili powder as a MEXICAN side ....they know how to get to me ;-)
Sucks that you missed out on Pipeworks, but HalfAcre is a good one to hit!

IMG_1740[1].JPG IMG_1741[1].JPG
VICE -- this one wasnt on the list, but I stumbled upon it.....cool small place, no food. beer 3.75-4
-long overdue
-pleasure trip
-initiation
-west coast marty
-cluster damn near killed her

then went to check out Rick Bayless new Taqueria / brewery - CRUZ BLANCA.....beer meh....tacos meh...was expcting more on the food as this guy is a great chef...he had a real restaurant next to this one, i guess I should've gone there for the real food.
BEER 3.5ISH

-BAD BURRO
-GRINGO HONEYMOON
-EL TRAIN IPA

IMG_1742[1].JPG IMG_1746[1].JPG IMG_1744[1].JPG IMG_1743[1].JPG

Back
Top Bottom