What beer are you drinking RIGHT NOW?

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Today's kill list:

Pipeworks Lizard King Mosaic. Nice showing of the Mosaic hop. No bs, just good beer. 4.2577

View attachment 56185

Magnify DDH Pilsner. Good for a pils. Oak aged gave it some texture. 3.78765

View attachment 56186

Alementary A Game. DDH was obviously better but man this was good. Biscuity yeast gives a more full mouth feel, nice citra flavor. 4.03467

View attachment 56187

Magnify Punch. Not a huge fan Hawaiian Punch but not bad. same hop that was in their surprise surprise but not as funky. 3.6896.
View attachment 56188
Industrial Arts Power Tools IPA. Clean and crisp citrus pine combo. 7.1% but didn't taste that strong. These guys make some good stuff, this reminded me of a Foundation Venture IPA from Maine. 4.0382765.
View attachment 56189

Is that pipeworks in NJ yet?

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I swung by troon today, but they were closed. Sourland distillery was open, i made the call and skipped, but went into
red brick tavern to see what was pouring. they has something which the bartender called a session triple. of course, i asked if
that was a joke, or just "troon being troon" - the latter. 9.7% triple unfiltered yummy goodness. they poured it cold, but as it warmed,
it really lit up the meter. the citrus was jumping from fruit to fruit. the malt and sweet were in balance, and it just left that nice, coated feeling.
also had the three 3s IPA - nice and light.

have the free will techno in a growler. anyone that swings by around 2:00 might get some!

who cycled by my house today? i saw o&b (notice the corrected letter order @MadisonDan) :D

J-Dro

I swung by troon today, but they were closed.

They are still such a small operation that they don't always have enough beer to sell, so the hours of operation are sometimes wacky. Best to check Instagram first since that's the only social media that they regularly update.

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Was thinking of going there today. Didn't realize they were selling cans. Does it taste as good as it looks?
They posted on FB or IG on Friday night they were releasing cans, very infrequent for them.

It was pretty freakin good. I'd give it a solid 4.0 suz. The only downside is.... one four pack limit. It's 5 minutes from my house, so that's not an issue.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
They posted on FB or IG on Friday night they were releasing cans, very infrequent for them.

It was pretty freakin good. I'd give it a solid 4.0 suz. The only downside is.... one four pack limit. It's 5 minutes from my house, so that's not an issue.

this gives me a group ride idea!

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Last yesterday:
IMG_8055.JPG

Then I drank a Coors Light on accident (thought it was a heady), so I had to break out the big guns to wash that lack of taste out of my mouth:
IMG_8056.JPG

Today: a hoppy pils from Forgotten Boardwalk, nice and refreshing
IMG_8071.JPG
I dig ST's new logo. I now own this glass.

Followed by moar flavor:
IMG_8072.JPG
Thanks @soundz!

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
@notcho
Thanks for the call-
I hit up Brix today.

Tasty Jams was on my radar after missing the last batch, but based on your call I tried Can You Dig It while I was there.
IMG_8074.JPG
Very nice.

IMG_8075.JPG
But this- damn. First sip gave me deja vu for a beer I can't name.
I think it's something northeastern- dare I say Bissell Bros substance?
I'll see if jimmy can help me place it.
And maybe I'll go grab some more....
Hope they keep this in rotation.

notcho

@notcho
Thanks for the call-
I hit up Brix today.

After reading this I just had to crack one open. I can see Substance or even Trillium...Reminds me of the DDH Fort Point. Guess a trip to NE is needed for a true compare.

IMG_3898.JPG

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's

ACE

Top Bottom