What are you watching now?

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Just finished. I actually liked it - very creative and I found it funny. The last line in the movie sums it up "what the fuck?"

Yeah, I laughed a lot, and "what the fuck" is a great summary of the movie. I still stand by everything I said about it though. It has a surprising amount of good reviews; I guess I'm just not cultured enough.

rick81721

Lothar
Yeah, I laughed a lot, and "what the fuck" is a great summary of the movie. I still stand by everything I said about it though. It has a surprising amount of good reviews; I guess I'm just not cultured enough.

My thought is you can't really figure it out. First I thought he just committed suicide by hanging himself like the very beginning and the whole thing was a death "vision". Then I thought he got lost in the woods and went nuts, imagining everything, but the ending doesn't really bear that out either. Harry Potter was surprisingly good!

rick81721

Lothar

PS I wouldn't call it a "cultured" movie - with all those dick, fart and masturbation bits!

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Good Eats Reloaded!!!

Welcome back Alton!
intellectual cooking humor gets me every time.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I watched Bill Murray Life Lessons. It's interesting in that they have footage of Bill doing his thing, showing up randomly at people's events, just being Bill.

The guy who made the video is a total dork, chasing down the legend of Bill Murray. The narration seems to kill the spirit of spontaneity that Murray is all about. Listening to people try to explain why Bill does what he does is like listening to someone tell me why they like pizza or sunsets. Just shut the fuck up, eat your pizza and watch the sunset.

RobW

I watched Bill Murray Life Lessons. It's interesting in that they have footage of Bill doing his thing, showing up randomly at people's events, just being Bill.

The guy who made the video is a total dork, chasing down the legend of Bill Murray. The narration seems to kill the spirit of spontaneity that Murray is all about. Listening to people try to explain why Bill does what he does is like listening to someone tell me why they like pizza or sunsets. Just shut the fuck up, eat your pizza and watch the sunset.
I follow bill Murray golf on the gram. He’s still such a playa

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
We could not get into Forever.
I think we have it enough episodes to give it a chance, did not stick.

And just watched Bill Murray- yeah, you’re right Iggs, but the story and the impact he has carried it for us.

Saw the trailer for Russian Doll.
Not sure I can do that.

Currently we are watching Atypical-
Mrs Manic has seen a few similar kids in her practice, so it really resonates with her.
I’m enjoying the humor for sure.

RobW

Wife put on The KonMari method (tidying up) and left the room with the remote..
Watched a few episodes.
I now have my closet organized, a new shelving system installed, old clothes donated and all of my clothes/shoes organized

i thanked them, it sparked joy.
giphy.gif

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Discovery of Witches...... it’ll be out in a couple weeks. Wife works for AMC so we watch’d them early. :)

wonderturtle

“Abducted in plain sight” in Netflix.

what the hell?”

The stupidest, most gullible, naive, flawed parents you will EVER see.

... and with tragic results.

This is seriously one of thise stories that they could never make into a movie cause it is just waaaaay too unbelievable

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Wife put on The KonMari method (tidying up) and left the room with the remote..
Watched a few episodes.
I now have my closet organized, a new shelving system installed, old clothes donated and all of my clothes/shoes organized

Can you please come over to my house? Thanks!

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I watched the Two Killings of Sam Cooke. I would recommend. This documents Cooke, who was the first black pop vocalist to rise to fame and the love and hate he faced as a black musician. His death is somewhat shady, given the fact that the investigation was so poorly done and 55 yrs have past, it's sad that we will never really know what happened to this great singer.

Watching this documentary, is scary to think that such horrible thinking and treatment of others occurred not too long ago and not just in the south but in our government. It's easy to see why racism still occurs today, when offspring of ugly people keep spreading there ideas of hate. Its gotten better but those times are not far enough behind us.

MMuller

I watched the Two Killings of Sam Cooke. I would recommend. This documents Cooke, who was the first black pop vocalist to rise to fame and the love and hate he faced as a black musician. His death is somewhat shady, given the fact that the investigation was so poorly done and 55 yrs have past, it's sad that we will never really know what happened to this great singer.

Watching this documentary, is scary to think that such horrible thinking and treatment of others occurred not too long ago and not just in the south but in our government. It's easy to see why racism still occurs today, when offspring of ugly people keep spreading there ideas of hate. Its gotten better but those times are not far enough behind us.
I started watching Roots the other day. The same one I watched when I was 14 or so when it 1st was on. I had to turn it off. I couldn't stomach watching it. It was the scene where they're selling slaves, wenches, healthy black bucks, the n word. Dear Lord, this was, and still is to a degree, America.
The documentary "Rumble" that was on PBS recently about American Indian influence in roots of RnR said the indians would pretend they were black in the south, as blacks were treated BETTER?! WTF.....

TimBay

Just started watching Letterkenny this week. It is so good. It's like a faster paced, Whittier, less greasy Trailer Park Boys.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'm 3 episodes in on The Vietnam War documentary by Ken Burns.

I really like documentaries because I don't read much yet I enjoy history. Documentaries can be slanted in there reporting, editing, presentation however this seems to stick to the facts, yet they do point out mistakes made by our government along the way.

I'd recommend, from the perspective that regardless if you care for the topic, things happened that you should know about. If we lived in N. Korea, China or Russia, you would never see a film like this.

Top Bottom