What Are You Eating Right Now?

at Jason's yesterday we were talking about sushi and the proper way to eat it.
Here's a good article on this topic, correctly prepared sushi does not require additional condiments, it should already be seasoned properly. Unfortunately most places here do not.
Think of it like adding salt/pepper or A1 sauce to your prime filet @Keens.
http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/14/travel/how-to-eat-sushi/index.html
One thing I'd like to add, if you must add soy, use a piece of ginger like a paint brush to apply the soy

Also many have seen this movie on Jiro, posting it here as I mentioned the restaurant as a good resource to see how painstaking it is to make real sushi (Benihanna f'd up sushi for us)

Here's a good article on this topic, correctly prepared sushi does not require additional condiments, it should already be seasoned properly. Unfortunately most places here do not.
One thing I'd like to add, if you must add soy, use a piece of ginger like a paint brush to apply the soy

Also many have seen this movie on Jiro, posting it here as I mentioned the restaurant as a good resource to see how painstaking it is to make real sushi (Benihanna f'd up sushi for us)

Saw that a long time ago. Good stuff. My gf and I have that place on our bucket list. I've also wanted to go to Japan forever.

Saw that a long time ago. Good stuff. My gf and I have that place on our bucket list. I've also wanted to go to Japan forever.

I think you're better off going somewhere else, so many really good places for omakase for less than 100, no sushi dinner is worth 300-400 US imo

I think you're better off going somewhere else, so many really good places for omakase for less than 100, no sushi dinner is worth 300-400 US imo
That is why it is one of those things that we'll do when we have money to blow. You can't really do a Japan trip cheap in the first place.

That is why it is one of those things that we'll do when we have money to blow. You can't really do a Japan trip cheap in the first place.
call me when you are ready to visit, I have plenty of cheap tips
also best bike town IMO hands down

My lunch today
bahktar-halal-cart-chicken-rice-1024x768.jpg

I got food poisoning from sushi in japan once. Kinda turned me off of the whole concept.

Grilled dogs: mustard
Boiled dogs: ketchup

It's like a law.

Grilled dogs: mustard
Boiled dogs: ketchup

It's like a law.
My German relatives taught me to boil water then drop dogs in turn heat off and put lid on for 5 mins , what a nice snap . I don't discriminate with condiments . Whatever is liked is fine with me . On a good hotdog there is nothing that will compar to onions (red) & mustard

My German relatives taught me to boil water then drop dogs in turn heat off and put lid on for 5 mins , what a nice snap . I don't discriminate with condiments . Whatever is liked is fine with me . On a good hotdog there is nothing that will compar to onions (red) & mustard
I do exactly the reverse- dogs in water, once it's boiling, they are done.

The crossover condiment I make is spicy onions- raw yellow onion, diced hot pepper (hab or Thai dragon), and BBQ sauce. Good for boiled or grilled, and plays well with mustard.

Back
Top Bottom