What are you cooking right now?

qclabrat

I put pepper on everything, gotta get one of those grinders. And that pan, is that nonstick? I've never found one that stays "nonstick" very long. Do they replace it when it starts to stick?
I like the Scanpan line for non-stick. Just remember they aren't meant for high temps and only use silicone utensils. For high heat stick with thick bottom aluminum or SS. GreenPan also seems decent for something a little cheaper

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I put pepper on everything, gotta get one of those grinders. And that pan, is that nonstick? I've never found one that stays "nonstick" very long. Do they replace it when it starts to stick?

That looks like a Calphalon One Pan - We run calphalon for everyday cooking - Good non-stick, clear lids, can put in dishwasher (i don't.)
My spouse loves to burn stuff to the pan, always comes clean. we use calphalon utensils (high temp plastic?) and a
scotch-bright dishsoap thing to clean them. never scrub, just soak if something is stubborn.

the bottoms are very flat, so work well on a glass-top electric

don't use these if the recipe calls for deglazing after browning something. there isn't anything to deglaze.

Their anodized line works well too -

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yeah, I’m ever in the hunt for another one of these grinders.
Last one I got I had to order from a tea shop in England. There are plenty of good ones out there.

And yes on the Calphalon- if it starts to stick, they will replace.
As Walt and Pat have said, just take care of them, and a good pan will last.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
my wife got all calphalon stainless for everything, so far so good (she did get one non stick fry pan that she uses on occasion, but the stainless is her workhorse). Then we have a couple cast iron that are left from my apt, they are my favorite, even compared to the non stick they stick less.

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
Reminds me of... many years ago my wife was using our new Calphalon Anno 5 qt. saute pan to make beef stroganoff. It's a huge heavy pan to begin with and she had enough food in there to feed 6 people. As she lifted it off the stove the food was unevenly distributed and most of the weight was on one side. The pan then started to twist in her hands. She attempted to kind of steer into the slide, by turning her body and twisting the handle to upright the slowly twisting pan. Instead, she kind of just sprayed the entire contents across our kitchen cabinets while doing a 180.

To this day, she still hates using that pan, thus our cast iron pans get used way more in our house.

Patrick

Staff member
my wife got all calphalon stainless for everything, so far so good (she did get one non stick fry pan that she uses on occasion, but the stainless is her workhorse). Then we have a couple cast iron that are left from my apt, they are my favorite, even compared to the non stick they stick less.

well dressed cast iron is an awesome thing.
you gots the le creuset?

shrpshtr325

Team MTBNJ Halter's
we have 2 le creuset enameled pieces, i hate them both, one is cracked and stained the other is stained to all hell, and le creuset wont even answer emails about it (my wife has been dealing with them bc she keeps a cooler head than i do at this point, the firts attempt id be fine, after i get ignored not so much)

the cast iron pans are a griswold and a lodge

Patrick

Staff member
we have 2 le creuset enameled pieces, i hate them both, one is cracked and stained the other is stained to all hell, and le creuset wont even answer emails about it (my wife has been dealing with them bc she keeps a cooler head than i do at this point, the firts attempt id be fine, after i get ignored not so much)

the cast iron pans are a griswold and a lodge

stained? you must mean patina :D
I've never seen the enamel crack...

shrpshtr325

Team MTBNJ Halter's
yea it cracked, and stained/patina w/e you want to call it its from using it, the light (tan?) inside is taking on a darker color, the outside enamel burning a bit i can accept since the wife uses it on the stove, but the inside should come clean. which is another complaint, scrubbing those things SUCKS since they dont season they never become non stick

Patrick

Staff member
getting our chicken on. i wouldn't have used this pan, but i wasn't the chef.

IMG_2553.JPG

shrpshtr325

Team MTBNJ Halter's
my pans are not enameled, but the le creuset is, and iv been less than impressed so far.

@fidodie my wife has the oblong one like that with a crack in the enamel

Patrick

Staff member
my pans are not enameled, but the le creuset is, and iv been less than impressed so far.

@fidodie my wife has the oblong one like that with a crack in the enamel

i can't believe you (your spouse) can't get it warrantied. seems like a no-brainer.

shrpshtr325

Team MTBNJ Halter's
i can't believe you (your spouse) can't get it warrantied. seems like a no-brainer.

i tried and got fed up with the lack of response, i honestly dont think she has tried yet, and im out of patience with them. I told her to take it back to the store and talk to them in person, but that definitely hasnt happened yet. If i can find the picture ill send it to you, but i think its on her phone

jmanic

Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Oh, isn’t that cute?
They packaged my dinner like it was still eating it’s dinner...
9E2B59A9-6753-4E5F-89AB-A641A36F8949.jpeg

And that special moment when your protein pushes the sides to a side plate- where they belong!
7F9B8587-DDB5-42A8-89DB-89528976FEA4.jpeg
(Don’t worry- half is a lunch salad tomorrow)

And another kitchen staple here-
Goes on all the steaks, lamb and roasted potatoes.
433C8EF4-7ABD-425F-A411-0300F7AF89A2.jpeg

jmanic

Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
So neighbors are doing the birds, we have side dish duty.

Oven has been cranking at 400* since 10a, almost done...
C09B369B-4C07-4BCA-9F74-8E80DC98F469.jpeg
132F1CF9-2F90-40FB-B397-41C050FF2CE6.jpeg
0B9EEFE1-E3BF-43EF-B6C3-088239591FC5.jpeg
111ED33C-9BE3-4C9B-AFF5-7021331E6A9C.jpeg
66C955BA-8DED-4430-80E8-5DFC35CE5760.jpeg

Not pictured: white potatoes and Brussels

Top Bottom