What are you cooking right now?

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
This again. Could become a weekly:
IMG_9573.JPG
Wilted kale and bacon pasta with a fried egg.

Still haven't dialed the cooking yet, but worth the hassle.

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
they look stellar, where'd you get those cuts?

The new Whole Foods in Metuchen. Despite the fact that she'll complain about the prices, my wife ends up there 3 times a week. Bone in Ribeyes. I think they were on sale.

We had a great butcher in Edison on rt. 1. Nick's Meat Depot. But there was a fire and they lost the building. He's got a new place in Scotch Plains and is reopening near us again soon. If you want to drop a ton of money on food, get a Big Green Egg and then start going to a good butcher. When we first got the BGE, my wife was spending like an additional $150 week on meat from the butcher after the normal food shopping. She had to force herself not to step in there unless we really needed something. You get really spoiled. Pick up a steak from Shoprite and you wonder why you bothered to do that.

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
with which? Pasta, egg, kale...

btw: I'm in search of good pasta, need some recommendations for fresh and dried

I need to dial in the overall with a little practice- it's just taking a little longer than I think it should,
though I won't skimp on slow cooking the bacon.

I'm not your guy for dry pasta rec's.
I'll go Barilla or Dicceco based on what's on sale.

If you want good ravioli's, Raffetto's on Houston is the joint.
One of our local Italian shops carry them.
Looks like they do noodles too, so I would say that's worth a shot.

gtluke

The Moped
stayed home for lunch today
i-hNzZXsM-XL.jpg

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Fire (haha) up the dehydrator.

some kiwi, and apples in lemon/lime juice to keep them from turning brown. Couple of lemon slices, just because.

IMG_0179.JPG

@qclabrat - i like the various pasta at K & S - expensive, and there are so many other things in there that drain the wallet.
No specific one.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Last time I had asparagus, I came down with a stomach bug that night. It had nothing to do with the asparagus, but the asparagus scented vomit lingered so long I can't touch the stuff.

That was like 13 years ago.

Top Bottom