What are you cooking right now?

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
This almost belongs in the DIY thread...

Did my spring cleaning on the grill, 18v wire brush on the grates, noticed the internals were pretty shot-
Mostly crossover tubes.
IMG_0192.JPG

Replaced with aftermarket Hongso internals. Mostly okay, but for the price ($26 for burners, crossovers and flare guards) tough to beat.
Before I removed anything, I checked fit on almost everything (foreshadowing).

Burners were spot on, crossovers a tad short (less efficient), flare guards lighter than oem, but we're good.

Go to put it all in place, oem screws for crossovers don't fit.
Drill some, and we're okay.
IMG_0193.JPG

Forgot a before pic, but shine from 3M stainless cleaner, and we golden.
Not bad for a 10 y/o grill
IMG_0196.JPG
Easter grill is on.
IMG_0197.JPG

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
This almost belongs in the DIY thread...

Did my spring cleaning on the grill, 18v wire brush on the grates, noticed the internals were pretty shot-
Mostly crossover tubes.
View attachment 66438

Replaced with aftermarket Hongso internals. Mostly okay, but for the price ($26 for burners, crossovers and flare guards) tough to beat.
Before I removed anything, I checked fit on almost everything (foreshadowing).

Burners were spot on, crossovers a tad short (less efficient), flare guards lighter than oem, but we're good.

Go to put it all in place, oem screws for crossovers don't fit.
Drill some, and we're okay.
View attachment 66439

Forgot a before pic, but shine from 3M stainless cleaner, and we golden.
Not bad for a 10 y/o grill
View attachment 66440
Easter grill is on.
View attachment 66441

I would have just eye-balled it.

jmanic

Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Grilled cheese on sourdough with cheddar, Edam, Dubliner and slab bacon with creamy tomato basil soup.
IMG_0212.JPG
Been waiting for this since 8am this morning. Perfect thing for an Indian winter dinner.

jmanic

Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Grilled a bunch of veggies (peppers, zuccs and asparageese) and made sole oreganata.
IMG_0428.JPG
IMG_0427.JPG
Almost made baked yucca fries, but too much work for tonight, and I had plenty of carbs today thanks to Carmine's and Portland.

rlb

Not quite cooking, but trying to make kimchi. I was given this diy kit (by my mother in law coincidentally) and it seems easy enough. Waiting for the cabbage to salt then I will attempt to shove 2.5 lbs of cabbage into a 1 quart jar. Not sure how that's going to work out, we'll see!

IMG_20180505_185719.jpg

On a side note, we've been eating very plain around these parts for about 8 months (the Mrs. is a rock star, still nursing the little one 10+ months, but she had to drastically reduce her diet to do so). It feels good to break out the kitchen gadgets and smell some fresh onions, garlic, ginger etc.

I think chili might be next on the list.

jmanic

Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Not quite cooking, but trying to make kimchi. I was given this diy kit (by my mother in law coincidentally) and it seems easy enough. Waiting for the cabbage to salt then I will attempt to shove 2.5 lbs of cabbage into a 1 quart jar. Not sure how that's going to work out, we'll see!

View attachment 68337

On a side note, we've been eating very plain around these parts for about 8 months (the Mrs. is a rock star, still nursing the little one 10+ months, but she had to drastically reduce her diet to do so). It feels good to break out the kitchen gadgets and smell some fresh onions, garlic, ginger etc.

I think chili might be next on the list.
You gonna bury that in your backyard?

And if you need a chili recipe, let me know. Got a recipe for a killer veggie chili base, and options for making it meat lovers.

Reactions: rlb

rlb

You gonna bury that in your backyard?

And if you need a chili recipe, let me know. Got a recipe for a killer veggie chili base, and options for making it meat lovers.

I'll keep it in the back of the Pantry, close enough. We have a chili recipe from my father-in-law that we always make, but my wife and I talk about making something different every now and then. What do you have?

qclabrat

Is that regular cabbage? Need Napa cabbage. I also like putting in whole garlic cloves and scallions. And if I can find it baby daikon radish. You're supposed to wash the leaves in some sort of brine then coat it with chili paste. I don't have a good recipe, but my college roommate used to bring out of this world stuff. Smells like death, but so good. Some use fish guts for flavoring as well. Let us know how it turned out.

Reactions: rlb
Top Bottom