Wharton Conditions

slingblade_uhhuh

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
in a completely unrelated thought, it only took 7 years to get to 20 pages on this thread!
Interesting observation. Let us schedule a quick meeting to discuss. Maybe include a powerpoint introduction to GNAR or if time allows, maybe a discussion of feelings and opinions.

Lee led the charge today and straightened out the dozer damage on the east end of the Huckleberry Trail. All riders passing thru had no issues following the remediations. Nice. Bonus points awarded for a quick mention of Millville's Chuck Norris. Jim is awesome!

In a completely unrelated retort, I am beginning to suspect that the KTM 790 Duke has the same high level of energy as a vintage MC5 video. I think I needs one. yes.

Last edited:

slingblade_uhhuh

JORBA.ORG
Negative. Yesterday's Jack's Swamp fire was reported to be on the west side of rt. 206, southwest of Atsion Lake, along the Burlington-Camden County line. Over ten miles away from the PBT.
There also was a second fire burning, contained, called the Mordecai Swamp Fire. Mordecai Swamp is located east of Batsto, south of the Washington Turnpike. Less than five miles south of the PBT.

I hope the rest of the season is not like this.

slingblade_uhhuh

JORBA.ORG
Thanks for the update/clarification!
de nada. Though I do admit to posting rough coordinates in the hope that @wilburdeb and/or @sandman will ride out there, give us a report and post some pics. For all we know, there are now lines good enough to include in a long ride, and the water from those swamps might now taste like good charcoal filtered whiskey.

Rode to Martha Furnace today. Went down to Mordecai Swamp Road off of Maple Branch Road on the way. Mordecai Swamp Road was plowed as a fire break for the fire. Attached are some pictures. The fire appeared to be completely suppressed.
Fire illust.png
Fire illust.png
IMG_20190616_071639.jpg
IMG_20190616_071639.jpg
IMG_20190616_070835.jpg
IMG_20190616_071639.jpg

Attachments