WFH Crew Check in Thread

rlb

Would a pedestal fan or ceiling fan put the icing on that cake?

How about dis phan?

Dat-Phan.jpg

gtluke

The Moped
WFH with no A/C is shit. 99% of the time I could give a crap about air conditioning but sitting in front of a computer all day is rough. I could put a window unit in, but then it's 6" from my head and I lose my window. Maybe I'll experiment with trying to get a window unit in the upper sash? anyone ever done that? Maybe I'll dick with that tonight. I'm sure I'll have to fabricate something.

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
WFH with no A/C is shit. 99% of the time I could give a crap about air conditioning but sitting in front of a computer all day is rough. I could put a window unit in, but then it's 6" from my head and I lose my window. Maybe I'll experiment with trying to get a window unit in the upper sash? anyone ever done that? Maybe I'll dick with that tonight. I'm sure I'll have to fabricate something.

Reactions: rlb

Monkey Soup

Angry Wanker

Man, I don’t know how you pull this off. Maybe its because your house is in the shade, but the humidity. I walked into my 72 degree house after an early morning ride today and it was the best thing ever. That’s a lot of weight for the upper sash to bear. How are you setup for central air, got an attic? I know a local guy who does good work for a fair price.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
LOL...caving in I see. I thought you were tough and didnt need AC?

get one of these

cso71ae.jpg

gtluke

The Moped
Man, I don’t know how you pull this off. Maybe its because your house is in the shade, but the humidity. I walked into my 72 degree house after an early morning ride today and it was the best thing ever. That’s a lot of weight for the upper sash to bear. How are you setup for central air, got an attic? I know a local guy who does good work for a fair price.

I've never had air conditioning growing up, so I'm used to it. Hell there's no a/c in my car either. Sitting completely still trying to read is the only time it bothers me. I'm outside now walking the dog and it's totally fine.

gtluke

The Moped

Split level, with an attic. It would be a project if I wanted a/c in my pinball room and bike room. #firstworldproblems.
Getting it in my kitchen and living room would require suffering in a tiny crawlspace to put in ducts.

rick81721

Lothar
My son made a redneck air conditioner out of a cooler and a fan for his car 2 summers ago - worked surprisingly well. I was impressed.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
LOL...caving in I see. I thought you were tough and didnt need AC?

get one of these

cso71ae.jpg
I'm about to buy one for my bedroom. Even with central air my bedroom has a tough time cooling down.

Any recommendations?

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Or a less hack version...these work incredible well

ductless01.jpg

Any recommendations?

I have never used one personally, havent needed to...I have an old house with pretty standard windows that I used to just use a standard windown unit in...but I stopped now that I did central air.

Top Bottom