WFH Crew Check in Thread

yup, all depends on where you live. every now and then last summer I was able to work from my summer home, a fine vessel she be called Ya Sista's A$$. gotta work on improving the wifi there, tho, it's spotty.

come on summer!

IMG_0252.JPG

F83F4492-03AD-4F9F-B10C-3F2084A3E6E2_zpsiuhyiwec.jpg

26E812D1-A2B2-490A-A2B3-4BC83F2E120E_zpsmjd4bhpl.jpg

Why you mad bro? Where's the 12-18" of snow?
4C0154BB-DA0A-4D4F-A27E-A2A7166F26F6_zpstwnas6r5.jpg

ITS BLAZE AND THE MONSTER MACHINESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.....this is being pumped into my wfh office over and over and over....I think im going to build an igloo outside.

when your are not OCD about how the desk looks -
there are 2 companies, a club, course work, and a trust sitting there.

IMG_6243.JPG

The sugar water factory is closed today, so I'm home. Mrs. Walter is wfh, trying not to have fun with the rest of us.

Snow is now freezing rain. The boy can't play his XBox cause I have Bloomberg TV on. Need more computer monitor space, three screens at work, one at home. :shrug:

View attachment 49204

Do market data guys really need all those monitors? At work they always swear they need quad monitors to be able to see all the different feeds... But there is the Customer / Service Provider relationship dynamic at work where we need to meet their requirements. Sometimes I wonder if it's truly necessary.

Do market data guys really need all those monitors?

Traders do. At least in fixed income. No idea about equity guys. When I was trading mortgages, I preferred three larger monitors to four smaller ones. I needed one monitor to have my two TradeWeb windows up. I could execute treasury or mortgage hedges here, the other two monitors had at least two Bloomberg windows open, one for running cashflows, one for market data/messages. One or two excel windows open for running hedge ratios and one for market data performance vs hedge ratios. Sometimes need Intex dealmaker open for structuring CMO's, then IE or Chrome for MTBNJ/CX Mag/Strava/BikeReg/VeloNews/various bike part sites.
The key is to have everything open and large enough to see, and not need to open or close/move any windows while executing a trade. Institutional guys deal in millions and hundreds of millions on a trade by trade basis every day. Not screwing something up is important.

Now as a sales guy, I don't have to worry about hedging anything out, but still need all the info readily available.

I used to like lots of monitors, but now prefer 1 big one. Alt(Cmd)-Tab is quicker than anything else and notifications work well enough that I don't miss anything most of the rest of the time. Plus I have enough neck pains from all this cycling thing.

Disclaimer: I am not a trader.

Just ordered a new video card for home so I can mimic my 3 monitor setup at work. I currently have 2 at home and it's an adjustment every time I WHF. It's nice that Go To My PC can handle multiple monitors as well as it does.

I used to like lots of monitors, but now prefer 1 big one. Alt(Cmd)-Tab is quicker than anything else and notifications work well enough that I don't miss anything most of the rest of the time. Plus I have enough neck pains from all this cycling thing.

Disclaimer: I am not a trader.

Oh I am all about the key commands as well. But I'm also all about excess! 'Murica!

good shit go౦ԁ sHit thats ✔ some goodshit rightthere right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self i say so thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ Good shit

good shit go౦ԁ sHit thats ✔ some goodshit rightthere right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self i say so thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ Good shit
You alright? Are you going nuts working from home?

Back
Top Bottom