West Essex trail

ricketki

I got my giant Yukon today and went to west Essex trail I road the entire trail and it was great this is my first time and I am going to do this everyday. There was also a little downhill that was pretty good I enjoyed myself. If anyone in the area my brother and I will be riding the trail tommorow and everyday hit me up if you gonna ride.

... west Essex ... hit me up if you gonna ride.

Where exactly is that trail? Could u point it at Google Maps or something? I'm from Verona, can ride pretty much every day after 7 PM and all day weekends.

Last edited:
I'll post a map when I get to a computer, but you can just follow the Lenape trail (yellow) out of Verona park up Bloomfield ave.

I'll post a map when I get to a computer, but you can just follow the Lenape trail (yellow) out of Verona park up Bloomfield ave.

Perfect, I am in. Let me know when you are going and send assembly point coordinates. :D

The map of West Essex Trail

Thanks for the nice ride, twins! Even though I almost died on the way back, I enjoyed it very much!!! :D Helps to forget about every day routine and free the mind!

Here is the map of W Essex Trail on Google.

See you there tomorrow :p

BTW, I know one paved but very nice trail in Montclair. I've created a topic here. So if you are up for this kind of training - let me know, I will be happy to go and die on that uphill with you. :getsome:

P.S.: Water on me!

P.P.S: Anyone else wanna join? :)

Last edited:
Your welcome but i enjoyed it too but we are going to ride the entire trail tommorow and I am down for whatever trail. Also it's ok I will bring the Gatorade because I know you ride to meet up with us and you don't have much storage in them pockets. But we are definetly on for everyday.

P.S anyone interested can hit up out inbox.

Your ending point on the Google map dumps you into Hilltop Reservation. There are some trails in there and they officially welcome bicycles, unlike the Lenape Trail which Essex County considers part of the King's forest...

Your ending point on the Google map dumps you into Hilltop Reservation. There are some trails in there and they officially welcome bicycles, unlike the Lenape Trail which Essex County considers part of the King's forest...

Hilltop is officially off limits to bikes like the rest of Essex County, even the west essex trail. But the caretakers are helpful to our cause. I've been thrown out of Hilltop by the police.

Hilltop is officially off limits to bikes like the rest of Essex County, even the west essex trail. But the caretakers are helpful to our cause. I've been thrown out of Hilltop by the police.

so you telling me you cant ride on west essex trail?

Mountain biking is illegal in essex county. Not sure if that includes the rail trails, but it seems so.

Mountain biking is illegal in essex county. Not sure if that includes the rail trails, but it seems so.

I saw some signs in Eagle Rock reservation saying that mountain biking is not allowed there. This gives me an idea that if they post these kind of signs in some places, then it is not prohibited in places where there are no such signs.

If not, we need to start a dispute by signing a petition, gathering together and stand for our rights, or something :)

I saw some signs in Eagle Rock reservation saying that mountain biking is not allowed there. This gives me an idea that if they post these kind of signs in some places, then it is not prohibited in places where there are no such signs.

If not, we need to start a dispute by signing a petition, gathering together and stand for our rights, or something :)

true true i like

I attended the "family ride" a month ago and spoke with two women and a tall gentleman who apparently does a lot of the trail work there. One woman was "on the board" and invited us to come back and ride the trails often to help work them in. That being said, I'm not surprised that this has not been made official with the County and that they threw you out of there.

Ricketki - there is basically a blanket prohibition against riding on Essex County trails. There are only a few gravel roads and paved paths that are considered ok. The Lenape Trail, for example, is posted "no bikes" at certain trail heads and on the County website.

Back
Top Bottom