Weekend, is that secret code for RAIN?

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
Would be dope, hard to find funding and insurance I would guess, but that’s my first thought..

Edit- what would be nice is if the indoor ramp places in NJ would expand..

theres that building in dover off of 46 by the school that seems legit, with the Saudis on my side funding secured 420

in all seriousness how much worse would the insurance be vs a trampoline park?

Tim

aka sptimmy43
Yes! I've called it that before. Tho the difference is your speed is pretty much the same as real running. If your fastest 5K is at a 7 min/mile pace, you can't magically do 5 min miles on the treadmill.

It's fake running :p. You don't have to propel your body on a treadmill...just get airborne enough to not get thrown off the back.

Or maybe I'm just sour from getting dumped on while running outside today....which I was only doing because I scrapped my ride...

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Would be dope, hard to find funding and insurance I would guess, but that’s my first thought..

Edit- what would be nice is if the indoor ramp places in NJ would expand..
Which indoor places are those?

The trend the last few years (on the skate side) is for people to build their own parks. Indoor park are expensive and when kids / skaters / bmxer are the ones that work at the parks, half the people who use it don’t even pay. So relying on the grom population to support a big monthly lease and expenses bill, rarely works out.

I would have to imagine a place like rays is penny’s on the dollar for the warehouse space and taxes are probably the same.

A tramp park sees 100’s of people a day. If a skatepark saw 100 different people During a day, it would be the most crowded skatepark in history.

Last edited:

RobW

Which indoor places are those?

The trend the last few years (on the skate side) is for people to build their own parks. Indoor park are expensive and when kids / skaters / bmxer are the ones that wor at the parks, half the people who use it don’t even pay. So relying on the grom population to support a big monthly lease and expenses bill, rarely works out.

I would have to imagine a place like rays is penny’s on the dollar for the warehouse space and taxes are probably the same.

A tramp park sees 100’s of people a day. If a skatepark saw 100 different peolle
During a day, it would be the more crowded skatepark in history.
I know incline club shut down, there’s a few spots I catch on some bike shops IG feed. I don’t know the name however. Is the black diamond still open at the Moorestown mall?
Edit- #rampranch. And after looking at more of their content, I realized it may be someone’s building at their house haha

Last edited:

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I know incline club shut down, there’s a few spots I catch on some bike shops IG feed. I don’t know the name however. Is the black diamond still open at the Moorestown mall?
Edit- #rampranch. And after looking at more of their content, I realized it may be someone’s building at their house haha
Yes, ramp ranch is private.

Moorestown closed sometime around 2012. The one at Franklin Mills in Philly, seems to have closed too. That one was an xgames, then Woodward, then black diamond. Moorestown started out as Van’s, who have way successful parks in other parts of the country. Note that the parks started with companies with deep pockets.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Can't find change in rainy days, but the amount of water is impressive

FEC6CA4F-775B-4690-8486-0E2FAE5A853D.png

Ian F

Yes, ramp ranch is private.

Moorestown closed sometime around 2012. The one at Franklin Mills in Philly, seems to have closed too. That one was an xgames, then Woodward, then black diamond. Moorestown started out as Van’s, who have way successful parks in other parts of the country. Note that the parks started with companies with deep pockets.

Yes, the skate/bike park at Franklin Mills closed awhile ago. It's now a Dave & Busters. There's a skate park in Pittsburgh now that looks pretty nice and is a bit closer than Cleveland. I have one about 10 min from me in Portsmouth, NH - Rye Airfield Skatepark - but that doesn't help us when in PA/NJ. I've also dreamt of building something near me in PA since there are a number of empty warehouses. Access from the NJTP would be super-easy now with the new I-95/295 change. Making the economics work is definitely the tough part.

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
I predict more people doing rogue muddy trail rides and keeping their rides private to escape the trail fairy shaming
For sure. I took the family hiking yesterday at Sterling Forest. Plenty of ruts and tire tracks on the trails. We did manage to scope out some new alternate lines that I’m looking forward to ride when things dry out.

Top Bottom