We Are Cycling Stewards

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Tuesday morning I was driving to work. On my way to the parkway at 5am, I came upon 2 guys on roadbikes riding side by side on a busy road. One had a blinkie and one didn't. Initially I was going to just pass them but after I drove around them I felt the need to say something to these guys so I slowed up and waited for them.

I told the guys that I'm a cyclist and what they are doing is dangerous. I told them they should single up on a busy road and told the guy with no light that he needs a blinkie. I was prepared for them to say fuck you but was pleased to hear them say thank you. What was even more rewarding was to see these two guys this morning on my way to the parkway riding single file and both had a blinkie.

We are stewards of cycling and have the ability to pass on helpful info. This info may not always be well received but we can all do our part to educate and help fellow cyclists.

Mitch in action yesterday at Allaire.

20170720_055839.jpg

rottin'

Staff member
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Dagnabbit...this is clickbait. lol. i thought you were organizimg another ride at Stewarts and your spell check changed the title...

But you are right on all points

Johnny Utah

Tuesday morning I was driving to work. On my way to the parkway at 5am, I came upon 2 guys on roadbikes riding side by side on a busy road. One had a blinkie and one didn't. Initially I was going to just pass them but after I drove around them I felt the need to say something to these guys so I slowed up and waited for them.

I told the guys that I'm a cyclist and what they are doing is dangerous. I told them they should single up on a busy road and told the guy with no light that he needs a blinkie. I was prepared for them to say fuck you but was pleased to hear them say thank you. What was even more rewarding was to see these two guys this morning on my way to the parkway riding single file and both had a blinkie.

We are stewards of cycling and have the ability to pass on helpful info. This info may not always be well received but we can all do our part to educate and help fellow cyclists.

Mitch in action yesterday at Allaire.

View attachment 54959
Well Said

Top Bottom