Wawayanda State Park Conditions

Kaleidopete

What Ferber Circle looks like today (Thursday 1/11)
Ferber ci06.jpg

qclabrat

Ski season is going to wrap up soon, thinking to ski in the morning then head over to Wayway in the afternoon. Just realized it's really close to Mountain Creek. Is it worth riding over from the base or make better sense to just drive? Never ridden there, so help identifying the dry trails would be appreciated. Hmm, I'm going need to get myself a bear bell also...

chris12453

I know this is from earlier in the week. But for future knowledge. Drive to wayway from creek. I have the luxury of living 2.5 miles from there, but from creek to wayway is a bit of a hike.

huffster

I spent 2.5 hours clearing a 1/2 mile section of "The Wall" today (starting at Ferber Circle). That's a pretty limited perspective on how the rest of the trails might be. The trail itself was fine, but the trees/branches were all over the trail making it impassable. That's been resolved now. The worst part was in the heavy rhododendron section. So, I'm hoping the rest of the trail is better.

Last edited:

Kaleidopete

I rode some trails today.
William Hoeferlin south from ranger station to Black Eagle has two trees across the trail. You can get around and over OK, but you gotta dismount.
whtree.jpg

William Hoeferlin north to the fire road is fine. So is the fire road (Old Wawa Road) and around to Iron Mt. trail is good. Iron Mt. itself is good too.
Black Eagle is clear the whole length.
Wingdam is clear of trees and brush. So is Little Bear trail.
Doublepond trail up to Red Dot and to Twin Bridges trail is good. Twin Bridges trail was clear to the Red Dot crossover.
Laurel Trail is clear of trees and brush

onetracker

Thanks for the Intel. Hoeferlin Is now clear also thru to Double Pond. DP is very wet and still has a bunch of snow. Working on Plymouth but my guess is that there is still a bunch of stuff down; I only made it approx a 1/4 mile from The DP side and it was slow going. But we have made a bunch of progress. Thanks for all of the info. It has been super helpful!!!

Come on out and race the Iron Mtn 50K. Really nice 15.6 mile loop, with approx 1,600 ft of climbing. It will be a fun course and much milder than the Bear Scat but not too easy.

I rode some trails today.
William Hoeferlin south from ranger station to Black Eagle has two trees across the trail. You can get around and over OK, but you gotta dismount.
View attachment 66944

William Hoeferlin north to the fire road is fine. So is the fire road (Old Wawa Road) and around to Iron Mt. trail is good. Iron Mt. itself is good too.
Black Eagle is clear the whole length.
Wingdam is clear of trees and brush. So is Little Bear trail.
Doublepond trail up to Red Dot and to Twin Bridges trail is good. Twin Bridges trail was clear to the Red Dot crossover.
Laurel Trail is clear of trees and brush

trekfan

red dot is just about unrideable from about nature jim's bridge and beyond. trees and large branches down what seemed like every 200 ft or so.

Will

tons of medium to large trees down on wall, hemlock, load, pickle, rattlesnake, tombstone, and splitrock. picked up a ton of sticks today but needs some chainsawing.

Kaleidopete

Double Pond trail is great, until you get to the famous Wet Spot. Too muddy for me right now.
Dpond muddd04.jpg

Someone "cleaned up" Wingdam trail laurels. Too well for my liking.
what it looks like now
Wingdam trimmed02.jpg

before
Wingdam july02.jpg

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions