Wawayanda State Park Conditions

Discussion in 'Wawayanda State Park' started by Mildly Wild, May 9, 2011.

1. mtbiker87

mtbiker87 Active Member

Rode here today, and trails were good to go other than a few blow downs scattered around various trails. The roads are wet, a bit sloppy in places, but other than a few wet spots here and there, the single track I rode on the south side of the park was good to go. I come in from the Canistear side of Cherry Ridge and rode Cherry Ridge, to Cabin Trail, to Turkey Ridge, Tombstone, Rattlesnake, Pickle, looped around Hemlock, back to right hand fork of White Dot, to Laural, to Sitting Bear, to South End, to Pumphouse, then back out.

huffster and Kaleidopete like this.
  2. Kaleidopete

Kaleidopete Well-Known Member

Trails are drying out nicely. Did a TM today, tree work.

TM LB2.jpg

TM LB.jpg

3. Kaleidopete

Nice ride at WayWay today, the trails look in great shape, with the usual wet spots.
    I rode Laurel trail up to Cherry Ridge and then over to Timber tr. and up to South End trail to Sitting Bear and back over to Laurel trail. Quite a workout for me on South End. Great trails though. There is a nice rock rideover for a downed tree way up on Laurel trail. It’s VERY muddy out by Cabin Trail and Old WayWay road area. My loop was just over seven miles.

South End trail
    Southend5.jpg

Ride over
    Laurel rideover04.jpg

Laurel rideover03.jpg

soundz, Robin and mtbiker87 like this.
  4. chris12453

chris12453 Active Member

I rode all of Hofferlin, Waywayanda Road to Iron Mountain Rd, down some of pump house and some of laurel pond and back out Double Pond yesterday and it was all in pretty good shape. The usual wet spots, but nothing too crazy. The rock bridge across pump house towards cherry ridge was full exposed, so the water level is at least going down some.

This is the loop I am referring to.

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/course/14930680

huffster and Kaleidopete like this.
  5. trekfan

trekfan New Member

the one down tree that really annoys me is the large one down right at the entrance of pumphouse within very visible sight of the auxiliary entrance. park workers can obviously see it daily as they come and go but it's been down for weeks now. makes me wonder what the park would look like without volunteer maintenance when something so visible goes unaddressed...

on red dot there's an annoying tree down right after nature jim's bridge, and another small one up a little bit at the start of the climb there. on mojo the tree that was leaning and was part of the path has now fallen. pretty tight squeeze. another pretty large tree down as you take the right onto pumphouse from south end. more exploring this weekend

6. Mildly Wild

Mildly Wild Active Member

Large tree down on Plymouth Lane. Coming from Dbl Pond, at the bottom of the hill about 150 yds past the last wooden bridge and about 75 yds before the big rock garden.

7. pinkshirtphotos

pinkshirtphotos Active Member

as of 4:eek:o PM

Plymouth Lane is clear
    Pickle is ridable
    Rattle Snake and Tombstone had overgrowth cutback

Wall is in great shape

enjoy

icebiker, JimN and Kaleidopete like this.
  8. Kaleidopete

Wow! You guys is great!

9. xc62701

xc62701 Well-Known Member

I was there this morning. The fireroads are a wet mess but the singletrack is in great shape!

10. jackx

jackx Well-Known Member

Rode Wawayanda on Wednesday. The single track i hit was bone dry. I only encountered a few wet areas on some fire roads.

Kaleidopete likes this.
  11. pinkshirtphotos

pinkshirtphotos Active Member

Pines was trimmed for your enjoyment

huffster, icebiker and Kaleidopete like this.
  12. Kaleidopete

So my ride this morning was rather disappointing, trails were great, weather a little damp, scenery a little disappointing.

Here is the field the day after the XTERRA triathlon where over two hundred people gathered on Saturday for the race.
    garbage example06.jpg

Here is the picnic area this morning, Monday, after about 8 visitors enjoyed their day on Sunday.
    garbage example05.jpg

garbage example07.jpg

13. huffster

huffster Well-Known Member