Wawayanda State Park Conditions

Kaleidopete

Pete,

How are the trails. I am attempting to get back up on my bike tomorrow afternoon.
Everything I rode is great, wet roots and rocks, but mostly well drained trails. Not much mud at all, some standing water.

FarleyFlowers04.jpg

The beautiful Cardinal flowers

Last edited:

chris12453

They are installing some cathodic protection on the pipeline. I bid the job with a pipeline company, but the company who I sent the bid in with did not get it. It is Tennessee Gas pipeline that is getting some work done on it. Maybe I will check it out on Sunday.

Kaleidopete

They are installing some cathodic protection on the pipeline. I bid the job with a pipeline company, but the company who I sent the bid in with did not get it. It is Tennessee Gas pipeline that is getting some work done on it. Maybe I will check it out on Sunday.
If yer ridin' the Cabin trail up, watch the SUPER slippery sloppy mud

SSmtbr

Managed to get back to waway for the first time since spring cleaning races and explored a couple of trails outside of the race course.

I came across two large trees down..one on tombstone just past the entrance coming from Turkey ridge rd20160918_132353.jpg
and the other on rattlesnake as you enter the woods coming from the pipeline.
20160918_133157.jpg

This post is also a reminder to come back more often. I love this trail system more and more each time I ride here.

huffster

Rode today and due to the wind, there were a lot of branches down. I cleared everything I could by hand along this route
https://www.strava.com/activities/798006767
Boat launch parking to "Double-Pond" to "Plymouth" to "Banker" to "Cedar Pond" to "Porcupine" to "Rockadendron" to "Cherry Ridge" to "Red Dot" to "Double-Pond" and back to parking.

There were 2 things I could not do by hand:

This is on "Double-Pond" a couple hundred yards before "Plymouth". I cleared the small stuff, but this will require more people or a chainsaw. It's passable for now.
image1.JPG

This is on Red-Dot. Traveling from Cherry Ridge north to Double Pond, this is shortly after Nature Jim's Bridge where the trail turns right. Its not too big of a deal, because it is low to the ground.
image2.JPG

Kaleidopete

@huffster
I guess you saw the pine tree I cut this morning just before the long low bridge on Double Pond.
These look like too big a job for my hand saw.

huffster

Yes, noticed it after seeing your post earlier. Nice work!

I guess you saw the pine tree I cut this morning just before the long low bridge on Double Pond.
These look like too big a job for my hand saw.

Both of these would take quite a while with a hand saw, but would be quick work for a chainsaw.

Kaleidopete

I think the single tracks are good to ride now. I checked Black Eagle today and it's good.
The fire roads are still icy though, and some spots on Double Pond and Laurel are icy.

Mildly Wild

Good conditions yesterday. Rode Wall, Porcupine and Rockadendren. Wet, but with heavy leaf cover protecting the trails. Rocks were a little slippery but not bad at all. Got on Rockadenron by mistake (hmm Sue, this doesn't look like the Porcupine I remember) . First time on that trail. Its reputation as really tough is well deserved. Definitely above my pay grade.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions