Watchung Reservation Trail Building

CrankAddictRich

I am personally thrilled that this is a reality. Much thanks to the County for following through!
Right now we have a lighter sign up for Saturday afternoon. If you have any availability please think about signing up then.
#makewatchunggreatagain

Saturday is the Fat50 race, which is probably part of the reason for limited sign up.
I'm gonna try to get out and help on Sunday, but not sure yet.

Zaskar

Shreding the gnar of Shawnee has me booked until March. Will be there in the spring for sure.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Due to scheduling conflicts we will be unable to host a trail builder on Sunday.
Thanks to those that signed up, hopefully you get this message.
Saturday is still on, if you know anyone that signed up for Sunday please pass the word along. If you have not signed up to volunteer Saturday, please do so here.
https://www.volunteersignup.org/7LREQ
Thanks

I Ride Bikes

That's disappointing. Sunday was looking to be the better weather of the two days. I'm signed up for Saturday PM. I have an appointment in the morning.

Shorepoints

Signup numbers for Saturday are looking great. We should be able to make up for the lost day if the Saturday numbers keep growing! Much respect to Tom Dunn and the Hilltop Crew for closing up shop this weekend to come out and volunteer.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'm busy Saturday and was hoping to make Sunday, but I'm sure there will be plenty more opportunities.

Much respect to Tom Dunn and the Hilltop Crew for closing up shop this weekend to come out and volunteer.

That's awesome!

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Unfortunately we will not be building trails this weekend at Watchung. The county pulled the plug due to inclement weather and the weekly deer hunt prep. I am bummed however I am looking forward to the next trail build.
Below is the email Jamie sent out to those who signed up to volunteer. Stop by Hilltop Saturday morning if you can.
Thanks

Hi Everyone,
Just got word from UC Parks that they must postpone Saturday’s trailbuilding event in addition to Sunday, due to possible inclement weather and conflicts with the deer hunt. We will establish the make-up date this week and inform you all as soon as it’s finalized.

To get ahead of things, all of you are encouraged to attend a Watchung Trailbuilding meeting this Saturday at 10am at the Summit Hilltop Bikes location. We will get the waivers filled out and give an overview of what to expect during the trailbuilding sessions. Coffee/Donuts will be served!

Apologize for the late notice. We are under the direction of the County Parks crew and we must adhere to their protocols. I was able to hike some of the marked trail today with UC Trailbuilder Mark Stallone, and he and his crew are making rapid progress clearing the route. It looks like it’s going to be an incredible trail. So hang in there. we will get it done.

Hope to see as many of you as possible Saturday morning, 10am, at Hilltop Summit (314 Springfield Ave, Summit, NJ).

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Jamie, Chris, and Andrew
JORBA Union County Chapter

TheLonerider

Shows you how serious the gov't takes this. I guess they couldn't be bothered to look at a calender.

I got banged up in an accident a few days ago but was willing to drag myself out to Watchung despite aching all over and pull my weight. Sadly I see it's my leg being pulled.

Hopefully the next trail session will be scheduled by someone in gov't who knows the gov't schedule. For those of us who've been involved for the long haul we were looking to the gov't to see if it could be trusted. It might be trustworthy, but sure isn't competent. This type of scheduling conflict only happens if someone doesn't care enuff to check first.

I'll be there for the next one but am no longer holding my breath, i'm already blue.

Lonerider

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
So bummed for the delay. Pumped to dig though.
Maybe go for a ride before the meeting weather permitting.

stilluf

I'm disappointed about the cancellation too. But hang in there; this is just another bump in the road. Our course of Patience, Persistence, and Positivity have gotten us this far, and will carry us to our goals.
There is a silver lining to the cancellation. Due to Hilltop Bike's generosity, we can turn this into an opportunity to actually meet up, get to know each other, and discuss our plan for Making Watchung Great Again. Look forward to meeting everyone there!

stilluf

Thanks to everyone for turning out to today's organizational meeting. I think it went well and will help us moving forward.
I can tell from the number of people who showed up (30+) and signed up for TM (70!!) that support and enthusiasm is high to Make Watchung Great Again!!

As we mentioned at the meeting, we will be in touch as soon as we know when we are approved for the re-scheduled TM session. Until then, let's stay positive, patient, and persistent.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
To keep everyone abreast as to trail building at Watchung, below is an update that Jamie put together. We are in somewhat of a holding pattern before we can take off, so it looks like we have to sit tight for a bit. Please check back Friday as to future trail builds.
Thanks.

Hi Everyone,
Update on Watchung Res./JORBA volunteer trail building sessions. This Friday, the County will update me on the next available day. I will post it up here as soon as it's confirmed from the County. I'll also e-mail everyone who has signed up for the prior (cancelled) sessions. Meanwhile, Mark Stallone continues to make great headway marking and roughing out the trail for us. Stay tuned for an update Friday. Thanks.

qclabrat

To keep everyone abreast as to trail building at Watchung, below is an update that Jamie put together. We are in somewhat of a holding pattern before we can take off, so it looks like we have to sit tight for a bit. Please check back Friday as to future trail builds.
Thanks.

Hi Everyone,
Update on Watchung Res./JORBA volunteer trail building sessions. This Friday, the County will update me on the next available day. I will post it up here as soon as it's confirmed from the County. I'll also e-mail everyone who has signed up for the prior (cancelled) sessions. Meanwhile, Mark Stallone continues to make great headway marking and roughing out the trail for us. Stay tuned for an update Friday. Thanks.
so this weekend (21/22) is out for sure?

Top Bottom