Watch as I make a trail bike... appear!

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
Buying a Yeti and complaining about the Warranty is like buying a Ferrari and complaining about oil changes.

I feel like complaining about the warranty of a yeti is like getting a Ferrari and throwing while driving spiritedly. If it wasn't abused then why can't it do what it was meant to do?

This post and the post linked just told me to get a SC when the time comes. For yeti to not want any say in their distribution and establishing a standard for all dealers to follow is just silly and inexcusable. Sure their are pro riders but the real brand representation that has a lasting impression is done by the dealers and distribution network.

It takes forever to build trust to throw it all away so easily is shortsighted. To believe yeti can't swing the appropriate way to hand this situation shows they are either greedy or stupid.

Either way this is just me and I've never had an interaction with yeti but I don't plan on ever having one. Also my opinion doesn't carry an ounce of weight that yours does.

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
I feel like complaining about the warranty of a yeti is like getting a Ferrari and throwing while driving spiritedly. If it wasn't abused then why can't it do what it was meant to do?

This post and the post linked just told me to get a SC when the time comes. For yeti to not want any say in their distribution and establishing a standard for all dealers to follow is just silly and inexcusable. Sure their are pro riders but the real brand representation that has a lasting impression is done by the dealers and distribution network.

It takes forever to build trust to throw it all away so easily is shortsighted. To believe yeti can't swing the appropriate way to hand this situation shows they are either greedy or stupid.

Either way this is just me and I've never had an interaction with yeti but I don't plan on ever having one. Also my opinion doesn't carry an ounce of weight that yours does.
The way they handled it was stupid because now I won’t go near a yeti knowing that. I’ve heard they climb well and I wanted to demo one, but I’d rather spend my money on a brand that stands behind their product. And I’ve only heard good things about Santa Cruz’ warranty, besides the fact that they overbuild their frames.

bergsnj

Read the last post in my yeti warranty thread. I am very satisfied with the outcome of using Yeti's warranty to get me back up and running after my rider induced damage. Yeti now has a lifetime warranty for all 2019+ bikes. All brands warranty covers manufacturing defects ONLY. When you cause damage to your frame no brand will just give away a replacement. Yeti's are not any more expensive than all the other high end brands. They all start at about $5000 for GX builds and go up to about $10,000 for the holy shit builds. Same price range as any carbon fiber high end bikes. They just dont make aluminum frames so there is no $3000-$5000 range for yeti.

phillychris498

I definitely have heard the Yeti warranty worries in the past, but have some experience working with the stoned guys and gals running the show in Colorado. I’m buying this frame as a bike shop “professional” (salesman on the weekends) for New England’s highest grossing Yeti and Santa Cruz dealer. Of course I have my bias but while they’re not business people, customer satisfaction is their goal, and they are willing to get most customers back out on a frame reasonably, in my experience dealing with customer warranties.

That said, the new Hightower is out now and this will make my decision much harder than I had originally planned. Similar geo’s on the SB130 and the new Hightower:

https://www.santacruzbicycles.com/en-US/hightower

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
That Hightower fits the bill of what I could envision as a n+1 But then I would want a mega too for creek. In the end my 10k is best spent on V10 ultimately. In the end of being cheap and being how I am ok at home cruising rigid SS's on my local trails. So yup i have no 10k and no V10 and no N+1.

phillychris498

Making progress... Fox Transfer dropper picked up yesterday, along with tubeless rim tape and valve stems to set up the wheels. Still need to get a 2.5 Maxxis DHF and a 2.3 DHR or Agressor for the back.
F09DAF2C-F75E-4408-86E4-415982507EDE.jpeg

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Reserve wheels don't come taped up and ready to go with tubeless valves?

Even my junk wheels that came on my Santa Cruz came taped and with sealant and no tubes. I don't think Santa Cruz sells ANY bike with tubes these days, possibly including the Stigmata.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Reserve wheels don't come taped up and ready to go with tubeless valves?

Even my junk wheels that came on my Santa Cruz came taped and with sealant and no tubes. I don't think Santa Cruz sells ANY bike with tubes these days, possibly including the Stigmata.

They were coming taped with Maxxis tires already installed.

phillychris498

Doh! Thank you to the MTBNJ family for making me check my wheels and seeing they come pre taped. No tires come with the purchase of a wheel set though, so those still need to be bought.

Attachments

• E5D2206C-C6E4-40B9-949B-8242CBC016E6.jpeg
    E5D2206C-C6E4-40B9-949B-8242CBC016E6.jpeg
    46.4 KB · Views: 120

phillychris498

Ride report from the first ride: AMAZING!

This thing takes choppy stuff and just smooths it out, it's almost unfair. I haven't been on the mountain bike for a few weeks before getting back on yesterday, and was able to do almost 10 miles of one of the more technical trail systems in Massachusetts with ease. I do need a some more rides to dial in suspension and set up at the front end, but it's already an incredible upgrade to any bike I've ever owned.

I must say though, going from 760 mm bars to 800 mm bars is too dramatic for me. I can definitely feel the increased stability on descents and corners, but (maybe just psychological) it feels like trying to do step-up moves up rocks is more challenging... just picking up the front end felt a little harder than I remember it being yesterday. That might also be confounded by my elbow problems/general weakness from being out of the woods for an extended period of time.

phillychris498

Like the gold accents. Couldn't find a gold fork to match??
I really liked the Pike on my old bike, and wanted to stick with it for this build. When the Pike Ultimate was released with the silver lowers I couldn’t resist. I’m thinking of getting decals for the Santa Cruz lettering in silver to match the fork, or getting a silver bottle cage.

Top Bottom