Washington Valley Park (CR) TM This Sat 11/18 9am

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Trail maintenance this Saturday. Come out to lend a hand.

- MEETING AT GILBRIDE ROAD. The small lot next to the bridge on Gilbride Road at 9:00am. Parking is limited there. Some will need to park up the road at the utility area, west of the bridge.
- We will walk to the work site (very short walk).
- Tools will be supplied but bring a pick axe, mattock or similar if you have 1.
- Bring work gloves, sturdy boots & something to drink.

Hope you can make it.

Additional info:

http://www.somersetcountyparks.org/

If the TM is canceled due to rain or snow, I'll post the cancellation here or you can call 908-285-3800 that morning

I'll be at cathedral pines, build me a new trail. I'll inspect what I expect upon return. Cheers.

sorry guys .. but a 9; 30 dentist app puts me out :( but a big thank you to everyone for all that hard work !!!! hey Kirt, any updates on how the new bridge on white is going ??

I'll be out of town again.

That's just about as helpful as if you weren't. :D

hey Kirt, any updates on how the new bridge on white is going ??

No idea. Last I talked to the rangers, they didn't either. It's a county project, not park commission, so they are not in the know. All I'm hoping for is they show with some kind of prefab bridge & it gets done quickly and this year.

Unfortunately (for participating in trail maintenance at least), I work on Saturday mornings... :(

I was out with Ranger Dave flagging the addition today, I'm actually excited about this one. Not to late to change your plans and come lend a hand.

Hope I've got enough tools.

IMG_3361.JPG

Last edited:
Great session today. Really happy with how this project started & we accomplished way more than I thought we would. Possible we get a loop completed at the next session in 2 weeks.

Thanks to:

John @surf1net
Tim @M3Tim
Walt @qclabrat
Brian @BrianGT3
Mike @I Ride Bikes
Ian

A group of Eagle Scouts & a few Dads joined as well & worked their tails off.

Rangers Dave & Nick for seeing the big picture & supporting all these improvements.

And of course, Paul @ High Tech Landscaping for sending a nice size group to help as well. These guys have been helping for a few years now & pretty much know exactly what has to be done and we couldn't do this w/o them.

@BrianGT3 has some pics to post.

Next & final date of the season is Sat Dec 2nd. Hopefully the weather will play nice. Please come out if you can.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions