Was that you today on red hill rd in Middletown that almost got hit?

knobbyhead

Next off the Island.
I almost witnessed a accident today. A bike rider was riding Red Hill rd west today was passing by the GSP entrance. (BTW they were flying on the bike!) This yahoo driver, who is at the entrance of GSP south decides not to wait 0.1 seconds and try's to pass the bike rider to get onto the GSP. They were literally at the turn off lane and couldn't wait the 0.1 sec for the rider to pass.
The driver was a jerk. Tinted drivers windows and yacking on the phone. I almost thought I was going to witness and hit and run and I was going to have to hunt this jerk down.

RobW

No, but I am thinking about getting one. I've been kinda half-ass researching them.
Co-worker has two in his Porsche. They communicate with his alarm which has vibration and motion detection. They are always running but If either is detected, it will begin recording video 15 seconds prior. He had to use it for court one day after some crazy drunk guy cut him off in the parking lot and got out of his car trying to fight him. I believe he got both cams for 300 dollars.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i run fronts in all of my cars, for $75each (when i bought them possibly cheaper now) its worth every penny to cover your ass.

olegbabich

This happens to me a couple of times a year. It's always a Ford Truck or an SUV.

Don't get me started on how close School Buses are when passing a cyclist.

knobbyhead

Next off the Island.
This happens to me a couple of times a year. It's always a Ford Truck or an SUV.

Don't get me started on how close School Buses are when passing a cyclist.
This time was a older honda accord with tinted windows all away around.

Btw, a friend has a rear camera on his bike, maybe that's what we all need

Karate Monkey

This time was a older honda accord with tinted windows all away around.

Btw, a friend has a rear camera on his bike, maybe that's what we all need

Have a few. They're a hassle. Anything with enough resolution/fidelity to capture a license plate only lasts 1 hour, maybe 1.5 if stretching it. At night, all bets are off, too. Can't see a plate until they pass you. I can lend you one if you want to try it yourself, Shimano CM1100. It's natively wide-angle, waterproof, etc. Have a saddle rail mount for it, but it is compatible with any go-pro style mount. Has a companion app to setup your shot on your phone, too.

knobbyhead

Next off the Island.
Have a few. They're a hassle. Anything with enough resolution/fidelity to capture a license plate only lasts 1 hour, maybe 1.5 if stretching it. At night, all bets are off, too. Can't see a plate until they pass you. I can lend you one if you want to try it yourself, Shimano CM1100. It's natively wide-angle, waterproof, etc. Have a saddle rail mount for it, but it is compatible with any go-pro style mount. Has a companion app to setup your shot on your phone, too.
Ahh, this explains a lot, my friend has one, but mostly rides short trips. Thanks for the offer, other than the recent incident, it's pretty safe to ride near me.

Top Bottom