Wanted: Santa CruZ chameleon

BPaze

I saw that cyclecraft had one a couple weeks back, pretty sure it was a 2017 leftover but could have been a 2018. I also think it was actually a medium, someone was looking at it though so they may have sold it.

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Ridgewood Cycles had a medium a month or two ago. Just call around and you may get lucky.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Can someone explain what's going on here?

Did they stop making them? Waiting for a container to come from Taiwan with frames?

qclabrat

Did they stop making them? Waiting for a container to come from Taiwan with frames?
new colors? The old 2017-2018 green color is pretty awesome, the new orange has been done before and the blue is just kinda well... blue
Also the S build is getting a little silly in price, it's starting to blur in the carbon HT range. Too much to spend on an aluminium HT in 2018

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.

The factory that made them screwed up the entire last batch and had to redo them all. Then 50% of the green ones cracked so they had to fill Warranty claims first. I think with the 2019 models they're finally catching up.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
The factory that made them screwed up the entire last batch and had to redo them all. Then 50% of the green ones cracked so they had to fill Warranty claims first. I think with the 2019 models they're finally catching up.

They could fix things by offering carbon. Highball is nice, but no correct way to SS it.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
I just dont ride it. Other than a little 6 Mile dust, it looks I just rolled it off the floor.
Hold it for me for 1 more year!
If you don't have space... I have plenty of space and I can hold it for you until you sell it to me next year! :)

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
They will eventually go all carbon and inhouse production. There's really no need for them to offer alloy builds anymore.

$$. I'm willing to bet there's also no reason to have a C and CC version, probably costs the same to make, but they can have multiple price points. Aluminum puts the bikes in a lower price range.

I gotta say, I really like the way Santa Cruz does their bikes, but their aluminum frames visually can leave a lot to be desired for how much they ask for them. Chameleon maybe not so much.

Top Bottom