Wanted: Road bike parts, cheap

rlb

I recently received a "vintage" road frame from a fellow board member for a great deal and I'd like to start building it up. It will mostly serve as a neighborhood cruiser and something to ride to the corner store, and maybe even a towpath cruiser if I can get sufficiently wide tires on it. Bottom line is nothing fancy, and the cheaper the better!

I need pretty much everything except a frame/fork, seat post, cockpit, and brakes

I have a 10sp Ultegra RD sitting around, so that's a good starting point. I would go bar-ends if I could find a decent set of drop-bar brake levers, but prefer brifters w/ along the bar cable routing. Not that I'm being picky....

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
I have 105 5600? 3x10 brifters and cassette.

Pm me if interested

Last edited:

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
I recently received a "vintage" road frame from a fellow board member for a great deal and I'd like to start building it up. It will mostly serve as a neighborhood cruiser and something to ride to the corner store, and maybe even a towpath cruiser if I can get sufficiently wide tires on it. Bottom line is nothing fancy, and the cheaper the better!

I need pretty much everything except a frame/fork, seat post, cockpit, and brakes

I have a 10sp Ultegra RD sitting around, so that's a good starting point. I would go bar-ends if I could find a decent set of drop-bar brake levers, but prefer brifters w/ along the bar cable routing. Not that I'm being picky....
I have a bontrager race stem(maybe 100mm?).

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I have 10spd force front, red rear shifters, force rear derail, front rival derail (braze on but you can get a clamp), 11-28 cassette well used but plenty of life left. with relatively new chain (sized for 50/28, 54cm frame).

I also have carbon road bars, at least one 120mm stem.

Probably above the level you were looking but...

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I have 10spd force front, red rear shifters, force rear derail, front rival derail (braze on but you can get a clamp), 11-28 cassette well used but plenty of life left. with relatively new chain (sized for 50/28, 54cm frame).

which carbon bars? eye am in the market.

rick81721

Lothar

Hey Rob do you need wheels? I have s set of Fulcrum 5 that I'll never use. Just collecting dust and something else to haul down south.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do

How much for carbon bars?

easyasballinacup

ive got a sram force 2x10 group thats in great shape. doesnt get much use sitting in a box...
also have ritchey wcs bar(44) stem (110) seatpost(31.6) that came of a road bike sitting in that box.
wood sell all for cheap.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
3t ergo nova, 44, I had spray painted the area you can see and it could use a fresh spray. I can take pics.

Cheap. I'll double check the specs and stuff tonight and figure a price.

DT is trying to drive the price up!!!

Top Bottom