Wanted: mtb bike for 9 yr old

oobaa47

Looking for a mtb bike for my daughter, she'll turn 9 this fall but is tall for her age (56"). This will be her first real mtb bike, as she's currently on a 20" BMX bike. Preferably hardtail, 1x gearing, and 26" wheels. Very limited market apparently for this age group. I came across a trek Superfly 26, but haven't seen much else. Whyte bikes makes a real solid youth bike I heard, but I'm not fond of ordering online without her trying it out first. Some have even recommended a women's xs......thx

the schwartz

hmm. i have a 26er i would be delighted to lend you as it's just sitting in my basement. azonic aluminum frame, some kind of race-quality wheelset with xtr non-disc hubs, other stuff... i built it up for my wife but she likes to break her bones.

RoB

I have a Motobecane 450HT in 13" (XS) size that's like new. My daughter just outgrew it. Let me know if you're interested.

oobaa47

Thank u very much guys........ decided to go with a trek Skye S xs......she should be able to get 2-3 years out of it, and if she really enjoys riding, then I'll splurge a little bit for the next one.....

Top Bottom