Wanted- cable dropper

ebineezer

Anyone have a dropper they are looking to let go on the cheap?

I’ve had non stop issues (constant bleeding) with my RS reverb over the past year and I’m throwing in the towel.

Let me know what you got!

Last edited:

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
fox transfer 125mm kashima 31.6mm (no lever)

maybe 200 miles on it .. it’s a tiny bit too long for my bike

Ryan.P

Team MTBNJ Halter's
One up dropper new is only 200 , and 25 for the lever if needed. I've been rocking one for a couple months and has been great . It also has lower overall length than most for example the 150 one up is the same length as the 125 fox transfer. It's also adjustable by trimming a shim to adjust travel as needed .

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Anyone have a dropper they are looking to let go on the cheap?

I’ve had non stop issues (constant bleeding) with my RS reverb over the past year and I’m throwing in the towel.

Let me know what you got!

is it mushy at the top?

mine started doing that after leaving it partially compressed and laying sideways in the car.
since it is an air and oil system - air gets into the oil chamber past the seals -
i read that cycling the seat post while it is upside-down might fix it, otherwise it is a rebuild? Kits are available.

ebineezer

One up dropper new is only 200 , and 25 for the lever if needed. I've been rocking one for a couple months and has been great . It also has lower overall length than most for example the 150 one up is the same length as the 125 fox transfer. It's also adjustable by trimming a shim to adjust travel as needed .
That’s not a bad option

ebineezer

is it mushy at the top?

mine started doing that after leaving it partially compressed and laying sideways in the car.
since it is an air and oil system - air gets into the oil chamber past the seals -
i read that cycling the seat post while it is upside-down might fix it, otherwise it is a rebuild? Kits are available.
Not exactly. At the moment, it is moving up and down extremely slowly. (I believe there are probably air bubbles near the lever).

I have had this post sent back to sram and bled more times than I can count, so I am ready to move on.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Not exactly. At the moment, it is moving up and down extremely slowly. (I believe there are probably air bubbles near the lever).

I have had this post sent back to sram and bled more times than I can count, so I am ready to move on.

i'm going to "upgrade" to the cable remote, i think wolftooth makes it - had the speed issue when it was cold - even after messing with the speed control..
not sure why they made the valve hydraulic actuated. System has to be opened just to install it.

gl.

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's

Could it be slightly shorter than the 125 Transfer? Mine is too long by like 10mm.

Ryan.P

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Could it be slightly shorter than the 125 Transfer? Mine is too long by like 10mm.
Yes you could trim spacer to bring drop down 10 mm so that seat collar would be slammed with correct saddle height

qclabrat

Haha, I have 4 reverbs and half are always on the fritz. I'm just too all in at the moment to switch over to something better. Don't have $1k laying around...

one piece crank

fox transfer 125mm .. it’s a tiny bit too long for my bike

Determining the actual dropper OAL was not as easy as I had expected. Not every mfg'r provides all the relevant dimensions to make a 100% decision (Fox does), so you're left to do a little math on your own. I recently installed a 125mm Specialized Command Post, and since I have an XL frame it was really close - it sits 20mm above slammed at my normal ride height, perfect fit!

Last edited:

Delish

Team MTBNJ Halter's
fox transfer 125mm kashima 31.6mm (no lever)

maybe 200 miles on it .. it’s a tiny bit too long for my bike

What’s the shortest saddle height you can run with this unit? (Top of seatpost collar to saddle rail center)

Top Bottom